should i flower for a week just so i can get the males out early?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by simster, May 16, 2009.

1. I have 5 plants growing in my grow spot, and they are getting big and its looking like space is getting tight, so my question is....if i switch to 12/12 to trigger flowering and then get the males out, and then switch back to 18/6 to continue growing them, will it fuck everything up?

if anyone needs to see pics there is some in my grow journal in my signature.

2. How long have you been veging them? And what strain is it?

3. they have been vegging for about 3 months, but really only about 2 cuz i nearly killed them when they were about a month old because i went on vacation for a week.

i got the seeds from some "popcorn" i bought when i visited some friends in aTm early is year. it was pretty good weed so i figured id test out if i could grow or not, if i am successful with this one I want to order some seeds from a bank.

4. Um, at this point you should probably flower them anyway, especially if they're already so big. A solid 8 weeks is plenty for veging. How much longer were you planning on?

5. i dont know...i want to get them as big as i can for more yield, and i have plenty of space for them to grow upwards. i was jsut thinking if 1 or 2 or (hopefully not) 3 of them are males and i can get them out of there, it would make more room for me to let them grow as big as i can get them.

6. If you aren't in a big hurry for buds I would just flower them and pick out the males. Keep in mind they will grow to almost double their size once you start flowering. The next time around when you are sure they're all females you can make them 10 feet tall if you want.