Should I flip to 12/12 pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growbox69, Apr 10, 2019.

1. So I'm on day 42 of veg. I've been having over-watering issues. I think I'm doing well with the watering and then they start to Sag again so I'm still trying to learn to tweak that.

I'm growing in promix HP. I pH my water and nutrients down to 6.1.
    My temperatures are in the mid 25° C Celsius to 27 degrees C.

I'm up to about 6 grams of Maxibloom per gallon. I also use a little bit of potassium silicate for stem stability.

I'm attempting to scrog but my plants seem to have slow growth. So I'm wondering whether I should switch to flower and keep tucking under the scrog net as it's in flower to fill up my screen?
    My concern is height? They seem to be low and bushy, but my tent isn't that tall and I'd like to leave some headspace for air movement movement and keeping the lights cool.

I'm just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction tell me if I'm on the right track?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I personally wouldn't flower yet as they're still a bit small for the area and you should really iron out all your problems before flowering anyway. If you are over watering then this should be easier to control if the plants are bigger.

Because your plants are filling the area pretty well as they are, I don't think a screen is offering much benefit. If you only had the one plant then the screen would really spread it out to fill the area, but as you have several I don't think there is much point in the screen. If you raised it to halfway between the tops of the plants and where the highest point the plants can get then it would work well as a support net, just a suggestion, it's not important to do that

But to answer your question, I wouldn't flower just yet

3. Thank you. I had only planned on having one plant or possibly 2 plants. But I think all 4 might end up being females.

I also planned to put two of them outside when the weather got better to finish them.

Then I did some reading and it seems I can't put them outside until June when the days are longest.

I like your idea of using it as a support net if I don't end up going with a scrog. I'm basically using the net to just expose light to lower buds right now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Where I'm confused on the watering schedule is that every thread i read is that in pro mix you should water every day or at least every other day. My Rh is high 20s to mid 30s.

I'm having to water every 5 or six days and they still seem to sag.

I'll stick my finger into the medium and it feels a tiny bit moist deep down but not soaked. I even tried one of those cheap plant moisture probes from Walmart and it reads dry. But if I water it the leaves sag again. I'm also in fabric pots which should help it air out.

Im totally confused.

5. My question is how long does that pro-mix continue to feed plants? I've never used in organic soil and I would be wondering if I run out of Pop the longer you went without flowering?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I'm feeding with maxibloom in every water

7. Hey growbox69

nice to see your system up and running. I have a fig tree that is in promix; I feed it each day, but sometimes I miss a day. Its getting kinda big. I feed it MaxiGro only ... whatever (it aint pot!)
    but just saying...

When I grew gaanj in peat it went feed/feed/water/feed/feed/water/dry (weekly schedule).

upload_2019-4-10_11-12-55.png

and you have PLENTY of headroom in that tent!

here's a shot with the meter stick you can see in the back leaning on the wall:
    upload_2019-4-10_11-14-18.png

8. Your schedule was what i had thought i was supposed to do but for some reason my plants just sag after watering unless i wait about 5 days in between .

I even added 40 percent mire perlite to my pro mix.

This is why I'm struggling.

9. If its needs watering every day then water it every day. If it doesn't then don't. Never water it if it doesn't need watering. If there is any moisture at all then it probably doesn't need watering. Those soil meters are calibrated for more standard plants, which would require much wetter soil than cannabis. The soil can get completely dry before it wilts. A big plant in a small pot may need watering every day but a small plant in a big pot may not need watering for a couple of weeks

Next time add more perlite to the soil mix, this should help make it harder to over water. I would allow it to dry out a little more than you usually do. Maybe a day and keep an eye on it, if no wilting occurres give it some more time. Try and get to know the weight of the pot, it's a good indicator of when it needs watering

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm trying to master the weight of the pots technique . its all a learning curve.

But it's help from you guys that keeps me on track.
    I read grow journals and think I've got it figured out. Just to have another issue and go back to square one.

I appreciate the help.

• Like Like x 1
  11. * this*
    I start in small pots, move to larger and larger. At first I don't water daily, or maybe just a tiny bit. I think Gold has got it bang on.
    As well, I'm not sure how much your plants will stretch, and after reviewing my last message, I remembered that the plant DID stretch too much and that was why I had to use a 'double' scrog. This is what the plant looked like when it was sent to flower:
    upload_2019-4-10_16-26-28.png
    Sorry, I don't have any picture to highlight the height, although the ~5-7 gallon pot is exactly 1 foot tall, and I got another 4-5 inches due to the lower rack (drainage), add in about 10" at least for the trained plant ~ 2.5-3' total (?)

That plant was also in peat moss. I did feed a lot, but the plants were larger... like Gold said.

• Like Like x 1