Should I file a police report?

Discussion in 'General' started by dank nugglets, May 9, 2010.

1. Today I walked out to my car and found that my door was slightly open. I opened my door and found that my Garmin and Radar Detector have been stolen.

My glovebox was open and everything was left but the garmin and radar detector.

This is was all in my driveway too.

Should I file a police report??

2. the only thing ur doing by filing a police report is wasting yours and the officers time. just make sure u lock ur shit from now on.

3. That shit was locked up.

The door looked like it was jimmy rigged open. Can't they catch the people if they try to resell the goods?

4. Maybe he did lock it..

5. its pointless to file a police report. your just wasting your time if you do.

6. Yeah I'd go ahead and report it ASAP. Just for the fact that if the person ends up getting busted, or someone gets busted with what they suspect is "stolen goods" you can recover them from the police. :smoking:

Was this stuff out in the open in your car? If not... do you have any shiesty friends?

7. they wont find anyone. especially if you live in a city. but odds are you wont ever get your shit back, and 9/10 they wont find the people responsible.

8. get a gun, a lot quicker response time then an officer.

9. The radar detector was on my dash, but the garmin was in my glovebox. A couple friends came over last night, but im 100% sure they didn't take it.

They even left my pair of RayBan sunglasses

10. Keep your car filled with rabid animals.

11. Man they wont find them,in the time you wrote this thread they already a)sold them. b)exchanged them for drugs and got high, c)masturbated

12. This happened last night sometime between 12 am and 4 am by the way

13. And there's an online form I can fill out on the pd's website

14. So just file a report, no big deal and it doesn't take a huge amount of time and / or effort.

And contrary to some belief in the thread, people who break into cars actually do sometimes get caught, and go to jail, and get caught with stuff they have stolen.

Sure you could ignore it.. whatever, its up to you really, good luck

15. haha, you think the cops are gonna care that your RADAR DETECTOR was stolen?

16. I'm sure they don't care, but they might do their job.

17. they wont be able to find it unless the culprit jerked off all over your seat before leaving the crime scene. With DNA evidence you may have a solid chance of getting your stuff back.

18. If you're sending in a report, you may want to neglect to inform them that your radar detector was stolen. Don't know your laws, but I know it's generally illegal to have them or at least looked down upon. (illegal here in Canada).

19. yea bro as fucked up as it is, it most likely will not make a difference either way. if you got time to spare then might as well

20. I mean.. that is their job.

That's like someone coming to you working at McDonald's and saying "I want two double cheeseburgers" and you say "ha.. me fucking too. Guess that sucks for you"

You do your job. :cool: