Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I feel bad about smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by gusbus420, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Hey guys, I'm 18 years old and I'm currently at my first year at a community college. I plan to transfer to a university after next year to study animation. I've been blazing since about freshman/sophomore year of high school and I've gotten caught by my parents on a few occasions. They get pissed off then basically get over it, but if I am caught again I'm fucked haha.

But, now that all my friends (who I used to burn with a lot) are out in college partying it up and living the college experience, my town seems dead to me haha. My life is work, school, and the gym. And occasionally on weekends I go visit my friends, but thats only about once a month, as I don't have a car.

I've been smoking alone for a while as well as with friends, so I'm not new to the whole solo toking thing. I just start to feel shitty sometimes that I hide it from my parents and stuff. When they all go to sleep, I sneak outside for a bowl or two then watch Trailer Park Boys or some shit haha it's really harmless. But my parents are stubborn as a mule when it comes to "drugs" and its a battle I can't win trust me. Does anyone else ever feel this way about weed? I do it out of boredom mostly, and it keeps me optimistic and I feel more creative and innovative while high. I'm not addicted I don't think, I just see no problem with it and I don't look at myself as a "druggie," but everyone else seems to think weed smoking is inspired by the devil or some shit. I don't know. Anyone feel like everyone's judging and ignorant to the fact that smoking weed isn't bad after all? I know you all are gonna tell me to keep burning it the fuck down but have any of you been in the situation that I'm in and question if it's really worth it to smoke?

2. Yes, been there, done that. Looked at both sides of the coin and I like the side of the coin that has the weed leaf on it. The side with satan on it can go to hell.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 GratefulFred, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    That's a fairly common feeling, especially if you feel you have to hide it and be furtive about it.  When you're high you experience things more deeply, and you're basically thinking about your situation and not feeling very happy about it. You feel that you're doing something wrong by hiding it. 

If you really do enjoy it otherwise and want to keep doing it you maybe need to find a way to be more open about it, or stop until you can get to a point where you can be honest and open about it with your parents (probably after you're out on your own.)

*Or just live with it, if it isn't too overwhelming.

4. Damn bruh, im feelin the same exact way. I personally feel like im conforming to society with the fact that people think its bad even though i know most don't understand, but it just makes me feel guilty, like I'm doing something wrong. However, what has helped me the most is to just accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with everything you do, and truly the only person that is going to force you to feel those feelings is yourself. It's all mind over matter. Hang in there buddy.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. its natural and has been smoked for thousands of years. you only feel guilty because of peoples views on it. But you shouldnt, because you know how harmless it is to consume.

lifes better with weed

6. I smoked all throughout high school.
    I would wake 'n' bake in the shower in the morning, get high with friends in the school bathroom, 4:20 sesh at the park with friends after school then have a midnight toke before bed.
    I went to my graduation ceremony high.
    I got high every night before an exam (never during, I highly advise against this haha)
    The only guilt I felt was that I was enjoying myself while my family lived the depressing life that is sobriety.

Firstly, don't feel guilty. There's nothing wrong with smoking weed. However, you have not moved out yet so respect your parents' property. Be very careful to never get caught.

7. As everyone else has said, there's nothing wrong with smoking weed as long as it doesn't impact your life (become all you do/all you spend your money on). Other than that, it's a great plant. I used to smoke in my mom's house for a year until she caught me. She was fine with it, honestly. Just didn't want me to get in trouble with the law.

Anyway, the point is that if it doesn't negatively impact your life, there's nothing wrong with it. I personally love a bowl after a day of classes and work

Happy toking!

Sent from four score and seven years ago

8. I don't feel bad I hate having to hide it but fuck it I enjoy it c:

9. #9 Talon, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    There will always be people who don't understand. If you enjoy it and it doesnt impede your life, its no one else's business.

Just seen capt jacks post, could've saved some typing.

10. You heartless bastard

11. I feel you man, I've been smoking occasionally since sophomore year, but this past year after high school I've been smoking a lot. When I feel guilty I remember that being high definitely helps my creativity like you said, but with that in mind the guilty feelings aren't some you should ignore. I think that being a productive member of society and smoking weed doesn't make sense to a lot of people, but if you can find balance I think that it's a positive thing. I like to use weed after I've worked hard on something, so I feel it's well deserved. In summary, finding balance and purpose to smoking instead of just smoking because you've got a few grams in your room is a good way to put a positive spin on things. Hope this helps!

12. Only you know if you should feel bad about your smoking. The truth is, every decision you make in life is going to have some people approving and some people disapproving. That's life. But as long as you're handling your business, still moving forward and getting things done, people won't really have much to say about how you're conducting yourself.