Should I feed my plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mr.NiceGuy, May 3, 2009.

1. Hello,

So heres some info on my closet grow

Days: 7days old from sprout to now
    Strain: PowerPlant
    Plants: 1
    System: Bubble Bucket
    Water: Currently using half tap half spring PPM started at 140 checked it today PPM is now 185 7 days in the bucket.
    PH: a good 5.8ish goes up every once in awhile but i have ph up and down.
    Lights: Currently 1 65 watt CFL 3400 lumens 6500k 7inc above plant
    Nutes: superthrive, FF grow big, and tiger bloom (thinking about getting calmag what are peoples opinions on this?)
    misc: Mylar on the walls of my closet fan blowing keep room temp steady

Now to the question: So yesterday i noticed my plants first true leaves tips starting to turn from dark green to a little lighter green. I read that young plants turning yellow is a sign that it needs nutrients. So what i'm asking is could my plant be wanting nutrients at 7 days? Tmw I was planning on changing the water in the bucket with fresh half tap half spring with a drop of superthrive, but if you all think that the plant will start needing nutrients soon then i will just give it the nutes prolly at 1/4 strength or lower.

So please let me know your opinions

Thanks so much

2. Well I am no expert but I am learning as I go and if it is starting to get yellow it could be many things.. A picture really would help.

But I wouldn't give it nutes until it is pretty hefty.... I gave some to mine and it perked it up imedietly but I also have my first set of fan leaves..

3. I would wait at least another week, or until you get two sets of true leaves. At this stage, the seedling is very sensitive and isn't ready to use nutes yet. A little color fading isn't a big deal yet, just be patient. When you do start adding nutes, do so at 1/4 strength and gradually work up as the plant gets bigger.

4. Thanks for the reply's

Anyone offer any more advice?