Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I even get high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ZombieLumber, Nov 30, 2010.

1. I've gotten high roughly ten times before and the results have... varied greatly. The first couple of times I only used synthetic weed and it was really fun and I enjoyed the effects it had on me. Plus everything was fricking hilarious. Around my fifth time, a friend of mine wanted me to try a a waterfall hit, while using a different notpot brand than I had tried before. That was a disaster. It reacted with Celexa I was taking for my depression which resulted in a nine hour high and then a complete and total crash afterward. The crash put my depression in overdrive and I almost ended up in the emergency room for trying to hurt myself. I stayed away from recreational drugs for a while after that. Later on I was staying over at my friends' house for a few days. My friend wanted me to try getting high again (not doing a waterfall) and monitor it's effects on me since I would be with him for a few days. I was okay. But I had a weird kind of "fuzziness" all the next day. We tried to do this again and I ended up with three migraines because of it. My friend managed to acquire some actual weed and wanted me to try it because real marijuana is supposed to help migraines. That went a lot better. However, during my most recent time getting high, we made a lot of food. And I was hungry. This resulted in me throwing up. Twice. That was unpleasant. And, every since my depression crash, being high has stopped being fun for me. Things used to be funny and entertaining, but now I just forget everything, very few things are funny, and I annoy everyone around me. Then I feel awful and get really paranoid because I *know* I'm annoying yet there isn't anything I can do about it.

So yeah, wall of text there. Basically, I USED to enjoy being high, but now it sucks. Should I even bother getting high anymore?

2. Wow, and I thought I had a rough time first couple of times I got high. damn...

When your smoking just know your limit, if after a coupla drags your already pretty fucked up...keep it at that. I've never thrown up from weed, because I know my limits.:smoke:

Try it again, and if you get a bad trip again... I dunno what to tell ya.

3. #3 ZombieLumber, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
    The "not knowing my limits" is a definite issue. Since I'm not having fun, I can't tell how high I should be getting. Plus my friend is constantly right next to me saying, "smoke more, smoke more." :/

4. The first two times I smoked were awesome but then the third time when i smoked I saw colors and sounds were colors and I threw up all day and felt absolutely horrible. but my girlfriend had a great fun high other than me being a wreck. And then other times I will get the spins and I try and stay away from cross buzzing alcohol and weed now because of bad effects. (Goes well with LSD) But i guess it has different affects for each person sometimes.

5. yeah, well then your friend is a fckn douche... smoke with someone else in the future, who deosn't pressure you into smoking more than you can handle. Try to make sure your in a fun setting, like, sitting in front of your favorite stoner movie, or in a really nice place outside where you feel comfortable, you should never get high in a place that already makes you uncomfortable sober, because then you will get a bad trip for sure.

hope this helps:D

6. exactly, as with anything, only you can know your limits so if your friend can't understand that then it looks like you need new smoking buddies. I would recommend just starting small again to find that sort of "happy place" you once had and go from there.

7. Thanks for the advice. I think I'm too paranoid to smoke on my own, but I'll try to work something better out in the future. There's only four people I've ever smoked with and three of those pressure me past my limits. The fourth either fucks with me or is pissed off at me.

8. sounds like your gonna have to find new smoking buddies from scratch. I wouldn't smoke with those guys again. They sounds like a bunch of fucking cum guzzling faggots.:D

9. Well as long as you take it easy and judge by your own limits, you could smoke with anyone as soon as you feel better about it all. Toking up should be a bonding experience not a contest. I would toke with you if i could but other than that, good luck!

10. Once again, thank you. This has helped me clear some things up.

11. Best actual quote I've heard in a LONG time!!! :smoke:

On a serious note, weed affects everyone differently!
    Taking the real deal is a lot better than ANY synthetic composite and you say that your experience was better on this apart from the mega munchies as stated above haha!!!! :rolleyes:

As the others say though, know your limits, its as simple as that!
    Try and relax, go wherever you are taken with it and don't be too hasty doing anything, take it slow :)
    One other thing to majorly consider, either purchase or find someone with a vaporizer and try it =) edibles will be too risky due to the power and the vape is the real way to get a very clean and heady high.

I recommend the VaporStar, I can get it from my local heady at £30 including bong and I can barely smoke at all anymore, it's a disgusting feeling compared!! :eek:

Am well high at the moment from it actually, vaping ROCKS!! :smoke:
    Im going to upgrade soon though, MFLB!! :D

Good luck bro! :smoke:

12. Moderation is key in everything :)

Also, that fake stuff can cause problems so I'd recommend staying away from that.

13. take a break and come back..try a little bit at a time..try some dank in diff methods try edibles etc

14. I have no experience with synthetic weed. And I do not want to. I am happy with good old fashioned homegrown.

Sounds like your friends are pushing you too hard too quick. If you don't know your limits, build up to it.

Start with one hit on one night. And progress to two hits the next time. And so on. And you will eventually either just get a tolerance for it, or find your limit and stick to it (and don't let anyone else make you smoke more)

Good luck buddy!

15. i understand how you feel, i hung out with smokers for years before i did it the first time, but the thing was: i was at a place i felt good about doing it, i was with people i enjoyed being with, and we were smoking the first 1/2 i ever forgot. haha.

16. This is not being high, this is being drugged.. I gave up on your post after this but try some real weed if you haven't already. Synthetic chemical laced fake marijuana is nothing but harmful and dangerous for you.

17. You had a pretty normal experience when you smoked actual buds, and had a very shitty one when messing with synthetic chemicals. The answer is obvious dude. Keep getting high with the real deal if you enjoyed it and find it worth your time, and don't touch that synthetic crap again!