Should I even attempt it??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chrome44, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Alright, I've been smoking weed for about a year now, and for the past couple months I've collected the seeds from what I've bought. I live in a pretty big house with my parents, and I have a closet, but it's not that big. Now m parents are pretty laid back, they don't go snooping through my room, and I can usually just walk around the house smoking, cover it with AXE, and they don't suspect a thing. But if they caught me they'd be pretty pissed. But they won't catch me. I'm very thorough, lol.
    Anyways, sorry for the long question, but do you guys think I could get away with growing my own? I'd like to try indoors, because every 2 weeks these guys come and cut our grass and bushes, and I'd be nervous that they'd see it.

All responses are thanked greatly.

2. Alot of people will tell you not to, all I am saying if you do it well there is no reason for you to be caught.

Peace

3. #3 Chrome44, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
    The only hard thing is the light, everything else is easy. The soil, pots, fans, I can do all of that but I can't just go out and buy a huge light. Lets say I start out only with 1 or 2 plants, what if I used my desk lamp (pretty bright) right over them, it bends so it can get really close. Could I just use that for longer amounts of time?

4. In one word, no. Get some cfls from home depot, lowes or walmart. If you get 100 watts worth (actual watts not equivelant) then you can grow one plant. If you get 150 then you might even be able to grow two. But one would be best. If you get 4 50 watt cfls then you will have a good amount of light to grow a good plant, maybe even two.

5. Brosive I suggest what mels said above, then when they get to flower time invest in an HPS light. When the plants are done, the amount you would have paid for all that bud would surpass the cost of the lights etc.

6. how do I know when to trim them, and when I do, what do I trim? Sorry for all the questions. I just got done paying 50 dollars for an eighth, so I really want to grow my own.

7. You don't have to trim at all depends really on your method and space.

8. I'm just not sure on what to do with them once they get big. How to actually change the plant into weed.

9. lol you give you're plant 12 hours light and 12 dark per day, when its about half desired height for about 8-10 weeks and you got bud :hello:

10. lol, alright, thank you very much for your help!