Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I decarb

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by the_Ja_me_s, Jul 24, 2019.

1. I've been making RSO for a couple years now. I use 190 proof Everclear. I'm new to this forum and I keep reading about people decarbing their bud before the alcohol wash. I've never decarbed and my oil turns out amazingly great. I'm making a batch of oil tonight using 151 proof Everclear, do you think decarbing the bud would make a difference?

2. Decarbing the bud first is definitely better for making edibles. But if you are smoking the oil or anything else, do not decarb it. Decarbing makes the thc able to be digested and get you high. It destroys terps, and makes the oil more indica like.

3. Have you ever heard of rosin pressing? IMO much better than doing alcohol wash, because everclear dissolves chlorophyll, and chlorophyll taste like shit. But if your making edibles it really doesnt make a difference

• Like Like x 1
  4. Decarb bud scraps 240 F for 40 minutes
    Wash decarbed weed to tincture
    Reduce tincture to tar
    Add equal amount of Coconut oil
    Add 1/6th the oil volume in Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes to bind.
    Done.
    My version of RSO

I fill (0) capsules with it as a way to use the scraps left after I shake all my bud to Kief.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  5. Decarb changes THC-a into THC. Same as the heat of smoking or vaping does.
    Only Indica like if you over cook like most people do
    Minutes not hours of processing is the key.
    You can't sleep on my edibles. It's a wide awake wired as can be high.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  6. I don’t fuck with edibles lol. I smoke freshly rosin pressed dabs all day. I hate the taste of edibles. The thc burns my mouth and throat for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I have and I plan on looking more into that in the future. Currently the easiest and fastest (affordable) thing for me to do is make edibles.

8. I make edibles w my oil. But I don’t normally decarb and my oil (imho) makes amazing edibles. I’ve already veered from my normal recipe w the 151 proof instead of the 190. I guess decarbing couldn’t hurt.

9. I just had a thought. When you wash the bud in the alcohol that takes all of the good stuff off of the flower. You heat it up anyways in the rice cooker burning all the alcohol off. Maybe that’s why my shits so strong..... hmmmm.

10. If you've never had the decarbed version, its hard to make a comparison of how strong your oil actually is.
    The method that @BrassNwood suggested will have you hallucinating if your tolerance isn't on par.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. You right. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. I decarbed this batch. My house smelled amazing. I got all the way to the point of burning the alcohol off but my rice cooker isn’t working ‍♀️. I’ll get a new one today. I also read another thread you posted on about the cooking oils and the time it takes for the high to kick in. You’re a knowledgeable fella. I can appreciate that. Thank you for your input.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. I was nervous about this batch when the alcohol was burning off. It’s not a very pretty batch of oil. But I’m one cookie in and melted into my couch. Like...... I COULD move..... but I can’t. I’m happy about this batch.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Just remember, the darker the berry, the sweeter the juice lol.
    Oil and butter always come out way darker with decarbed green, but man does it do the trick...

15. This batch is the opposite!! The oil is reallllllly light. Usually I’ll get a nice medium green color, this stuff is a very light green. The cannabis oil was chunky as well. It didn’t mix w the coconut oil as well as it usually does. There were a couple things different w this batch. The Everclear was 151 proof, not 190. I decarbed (which I think was my saving grace) and I used a new rice cooker. I’m not sure the bud was as good as I usually get either. I got a good price for an Oz. In the end it’s a success. But it’s forever a learning process.

• Like Like x 1