Should I cut them?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jh30904, Jul 25, 2012.

1. I've tried everything with these plants, and they are supposed to still be growing but whatever has gotten into them is getting to their core. I think it is a combo of too much heat from my lamp and too little "breathing space", lack of intake for cooling, as well as just plain bad soil. But They are about 5-6 weeks into flowering and I fear that if I try to keep them going, they will completely die... Please offer input.. what would you do? I see the trichomes/calyxes withering away but they have been on a small amount of Cal/Mag in an attempt to stop the problem, so they are not too saturated with nutes I wouldn't say, but should I flush first?.. I need advice immediately. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. I'm sorry to say mate but they're not looking good. Not sure what went wrong but maybe bad genetics. There doesn't seem to be any THC/buds/pistels so don't see any point on keeping it going.
    Don't cut it down on my word though mate, there are people with more knowledge than me on this forum.
    Good luck.

3. Wow I dont think you could of got yourself a worse situation...I hope you didnt spend a ton of time on that plant. To me, and I could be wrong, it looks like some sort of unintentional cross breed of a dwarf strain which I have seen grow tight like that...

4. ur baby does look messed up lol wat strain is that? go with ur gut id say, u cant see much from pictures other then u have some burning or deficiency going on but we dont know how much food it has had do we

5. Definitely flush if you plan on using it, and if it turns out to be too little potency, or too much inert plant matter to smoke comfortably, you can always make edibles to get the most bang for your buck (and time)...

When made properly, you'll have several days worth of stronger, longer-lasting edible doses, from the same amount it takes to get you where you want to be in a single smoke session.

At least this was a good learning experience!

If you didn't this time, then next time around start a little grow journal, you'll get some critiquing, tips and advice as you go, that could help you work towards a better harvest in size and quality, with the same space and likely/possibly the same equipment you've been using.

A few options (from the edible section of the forum) if you go that way...

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included... similar to BHO, but made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

Either way, good luck! :wave:

:)

6. Yeah, these were allegedly Purple Urkel seeds, but they both went through 2 transplants (which worked out fine, as they began growing well again after a week of doing so), and this was my very first grow, so not worried about time & effort, but this is a weed, and it's crazy to think how much attention they need.. My watering schedule was off and not regulated, as I have them in Half Gal - 1Gal pots (can't be exact on that), and I just watered them each and every day, minus a day or 2 (which was really when I saw them suffer), but my friend did same beans in same bullshit FFarm soil outside, and his were stunting after 2 weeks, so good reason to believe bad genetics, or just plain bad soil. But given... I'm cutting them because I'm just sick of looking at unhealthy plants, and trying to think about what to do each & every day.. because they look worse and worse each day...

Attached Files:

7. These are pics of what they were like before the 'Plague' (which is what I like to call it) attacked them with such force and quickness, that they now appear with no fan leaves... almost literally... I will flush them, but even taking another week for the soil to dry out and all that good stuff worries me that they will get even worse. So, flush, save the taste of em if there is any, possibly lose the entire plant.....OR... cut today, suffer POSSIBLE bad taste, lack of potency, but at least I have SOMETHING to show for these 2 months that have been shit... What would you do?

8. I would cut it and throw it mate. Going to be no enjoyment smoking that even if flushed. Sorry.
    What light schedule did you have them on and how long did you veg for?
    I ask as they look real small when the flowers appeared?
    I say buy yourself a bit weed, get stoned and enjoy planning your next go at this game.
    Cheer up.

9. Oh yeah, nah, I mean I enjoyed the process of watching them develop from start, as they really looked nice up until 2 weeks into flowering. And I haven't lost anything on it.. I bought the lamp for $150 USD or something, some FF Big Bloom and CalMAG nutrients.... all things that I'll need for the next run, so looking at it as a whole.... haven't lost shit. And I could still use it for edibles. but you can't just look at a pic and say how it's going to taste.. So slow down there, Cochese. If we were all masters on this subject, no one would be using this site, safe to say. But to answer your ?, I vegetated for 2-3 weeks, and considering the stealthiness of the setup, I was scared that I overshot that, expecting that they'd be easily 30" in height, but as can see, that was hardly the outcome.. Nothing makes me sad about this.. And I have plenty of GA, Pineapple, Plushberry chilling, ready for sale. I don't spend dollars on something that should be freely handed out.

10. just a thought but your soil may have had some nasty shit in it perhaps? maybe ur cat pee'd in it or something else got in there

11. They look burnt by nutes or temp/light.I suggest just plain water from here on out,and no I wouldnt cut it early.

Where are all the fan leaves?

12. I really have no answer for your question, as you don't seem to like the similiar ones you have been getting?

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of temps are you dealing with? Also you stated you are running cal mag? What kind of water are you using and are you adding the cal mag with every watering?

Looks like you may be dealing with some serious lockout, as we well as some heat issues is why I ask.

13. #14 cRACKm0NKEY, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012

I agree. Probably pH lockout. I have a plant with soil that contains slow release nutrients. If I water too much, too many nutrients are released and pH goes too low. Same plant, same soil, could do fine outside because the soil probably dries out a bit more. And how much you and your friend were watering probably varies.

I'd say just move on with another plant, but re-vegetate this one and turn it into a bonsai... there is a sticky thread about that on here in the advanced techniques section. You could even harvest some from it if you wanted, and still bonsai it. That just looks fun for one, and you could veg other plants in the mean time. It would be awesome to see you somehow get something good out of it some day. Clones can then even be harvested from the bonsai.

I'd just suggest monitoring and adjusting pH for the future. And soil without slow release nutrients gives you more control.