Should I cut off these leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mdforeva, May 29, 2010.

1. #1 mdforeva, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    If you look at the pictures, the bottom sets of leaves really are like half dead, that's why I have already cut off the brown edges (nute burn because the directions on the bottle were crap) So this makes me wonder if I cut off the bottom sets of leaves, will that affect the growth? Should I just let the plant do it's thing?

This is my last one, i hope it's a girl[​IMG]

Also does anyone have any other thoughts about the photos? Like if you notice any visible deficiencies, plz tell me. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. md- no pics - plz give it another try.:(

3. Thanks for letting me know, I just fixed it.

4. I hate when that happens. That leaf still has enough surface to gather light for the plant.

5. the only time i pull leaves is when they practically fall off with a little pull... there are valuable sugars in those leaves i would leave them. all the new growth look excellent short inter nodes. backing off the nutes should do HER some good. lets hope for a lady huh!

6. dont cut anything, she will be alright. monitor your feeding a little closer and you should be fine:smoking:

7. Thanks friends, I'll let her be. Just finally got my ppm meter and the TDS was around 300 so I'll keep it there for a while. One thing I have learned is if you are new to hydro, a ppm meter is crucial and if you don't have one, get one, or maybe start with 1/4 to 1/2 recommended nutrients.

8. A lot of people have their own idea as to trimming off leaf. Depending on how you grow don't have anything to do with it. I grow hydro and I firmly believe in trimming off excess or bad leaf. Trimming gives you lowers a chance to get more light which means more growth. True, trimming does slow growth by 1 to 2 days. In soil growing it will slow a couple extra days. Now I can only speak for my garden and my methods. If you feel trimming is not for you or unsure then DON'T do it. Growing is a trial and error process. Everyone has their own setup and what may work for 1 may not work for another. Best thing I found is to grow several plants and treat each 1 different and see what works best. But test yourself on bag weed so when you pay for those favorite killer seeds or clones then you'll have down what works with your setup. Keep reading here cause you'll pick up a lot of good info.:wave::smoking:

9. Plants are generally pretty good at determining their own needs based on their environment. If the leaf is really too far gone to be useful, the plant will drop it itself. If the plant is holding onto it, then it's best to just leave it be.