Should I cut lower branches off or let them grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Sugabud1221, Jul 18, 2015.

1. I heard these lower branches produce "pinch buds" and cutting these branches will allow the higher branches to produce better buds...need input please!!! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437178941.998204.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437178997.506449.jpg

2. I would clear all that out popcorn buds. keepem green good luck

3. Agree .. Will help air flow and keep bugs from hanging around on the lower leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. After you cut them off trim them up and practice your cloning techniques.. I use all that stuff as my source material for the next cycle of plants.. 3 fingers of stem and a thumbs worth of fan leaf is my style.. most any medium will work and just cover either dome, clear cup.. zip lock baggie and a warm medium light 24-0 spot.. rooted clones in 2 or 3 weeks.. I get a 90% hit ratio this way.. Cloning was for me the toughest part to get down so get started on it now and don't waste that material..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I do pack the cuttings stem into place with the shreds of rock wool you see and a blunted nail.. Tight enough you can lift the wet cube by the cutting without it pulling out..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. I agree. Lollipop that baby

6. I cut anything that will hit the dirt once weighted down in flowering. I take trimmings and make clones. I waste as little as possible.

7. Yes cut them. The small ones growing at the bottom in the shade are "sucker branches" They yeild about a gram. And they probably have dirt and bugs on them. Yes, get rid of them. Don't touch the big branches though!

8. I agree with everyone else, use them as clones, exzctly what i did this summer about 2 or 3 weeks ago