Should I cut dropped fan leaves in flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Summergirl1185, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Hey guys,
    The bottom fan leaves have dropped and one was affected by old light burn. It is second week of flowering, is it safe to trim off the bottom two fans or should I leave them? Thanks 20190731_112856.jpg

2. I’d remove them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. its.really up to you trim if you want too ,,but i leave it on its not damaged is it ,,,mac,

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Looks like it is, op said light burn? I figure the plant expends too much valuable energy trying to use and/or repair leaves that injured, as it were. What do you think mac?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ok i didnt see the light burn (just seen it lol ) so reckon id take it off ,,but really it wouldnt really hurt to leave on .but if you want plant to look good an tidy take it off ,,,mac,

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I just figured it was wasting plants energy , since it has no bud sites growing and isnt getting much light

7. Whichever you prefer, it's not going to be feeding the plant that much down there and at that angle so removing them wouldn't harm the plant and I guess they may be in the way when watering. Fully grown leaves don't use energy though, they absorb it from the light. They only use it when they're growing and even then they collect more energy than they use. They are what feeds the bud growth

If I were you I'd fill the pot up so the plant has more root room

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks so much!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1