Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I Cut Down?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mlrock, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Since it's summer vacation, I've been smoking more than I normally do. These days, I've been smoking twice a week, having cut down from a previous three to four times a week. However, one thing that I have observed lately is that when I'm sober, I've been forgetting words for certain things and stumbling over my words more than I usually do, which I don't enjoy. I have a feeling that my increased use of weed is at least in part responsible for this. I'd like to ask more experienced stoners if they think the same thing and if so, whether or not I should cut down.

2. well if the short term memory loss annoys you then stop because its not perminant , however i think getting high is worth some short term memory loss , except if your in full time education

3. I smoke almost every day and I'm completely healthy. I doubt weed has anything to do with you not being able to complete sentences. I'm not in your exact situation so I don't know whether smoking weed benefits you or not. I would say to keep smoking and if you start feeling negative sober effects (which shouldn't happen in the first place) then you should cut down.

4. Not completing sentences actually sometimes happens to me, I started smoking in June and smoke almost everyday and sometimes I'll just talk and can't find words or I'll forget what I'm talking about doesn't happen much but it does.

5. If you're only smoking twice a week, and still experiencing these effects, than I doubt it is related to heavy smoking. You need to stop smoking completely for a couple weeks, and see how you feel.

From personal experience, I've been a daily smoker for over 2 years and I'm still a really good public speaker, never have to worry about missing thoughts or forgetting words.

6. #7 FuckBeerGetWeed, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Forgot about dre is a good ass song, listening to it now haha

7. Twice a week doesn't sound like enough to cause any noticeable effects on your memory, but weed does affect everyone differently. I'd stop smoking for a few weeks if you're worried and see if things change then decide what to do based on how you feel. I've been through really heavy periods of smoking and have never had any noticeable effects from it on my memory or speech while sober, but that's just me.

I'd say give yourself a break and see if your speech returns to normal. If it does, (because I'm a scientific type) I'd start smoking somewhat heavily again and see if you observe the same speech pattern changes so you could maybe see if it's actually the weed which is causing the problem.

8. twice a week isnt very much considering some smoke more than that in a few hours...your fine...smoke more if anything.