Should I chop of everything below Trellis....day 27 off Flower....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rabble, Jul 15, 2018.

1. So this is my first grow. And I want to know if it is a good idea to chop of everything below the trellis. My understanding is that, by chopping off the stems that aren't already into the light I would be saving energy that will be transferred to the important parts of the plant.

Please educate me! Thank you!

And this is called --> "Lollipoping", right?

Attached Files:

2. Slowley remove all plant material below trellis do not do it in on sitting it'll stress out to much. Removing the lower plant matter will transfer more sugar to the upper parts of the plant producing bigger buds. But like I said slowley do it or it might turn herm on you my friend

3. Would you define slowly please?

Like maybe a few stems and branches everyday?

4. Remove no more than 30% in one sitting. Let plant recover....remove 30% more.

Some strains are more resistant to stress like that than others. I have a Northern Lights that freaks out if I pull a fan leaf. My other strains love to be bent, snapped, pulled, you name it.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1
  5. Man your garden got away from ya huh? Believe me if you start doing this a little at a time during veg. It’ll make life easy when you have to do it in flower.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1