should i buy weed star elevator 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by perith66, Sep 28, 2009.

1. #81 sinsemillaplease, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
    There is no value in WeedStar. Look up the definition of value.

And I would've posted some tubes but somebody posted plenty already. I'm done with you dude. If you want to waste your money go right ahead... though you'd honestly be better off putting it directly into a shredder. At least then you could still tape it back together and try to spend it.

Edit: The only reason Ziggi is claiming he'll give you a free piece is because everyone with half a brain knows he's selling trash. He can't get anybody to support his shit and he'll do anything to change that... except offer a quality product. If that means giving away shit to get some fanboys behind the WeedStar name so be it.

2. The examples shown proved my point, not yours.

Samiel, I don't have access to cheap china glass, only whatever is on EDIT and GC. But yeah you said to go for WS if it's all I could, so makes sense.

At the end of the day, a bong of ANY quality needs to be hit or dropped to be broken. I severely doubt I'll break like 6 pieces anytime soon.

Honestly tho... putting $50 in a shredder is better than buying a weed star puncher, Ghetto bitch or Buddy? You'd say that to someone who doesn't own a bong, who has limited access? Things like that display the attitude here that I find disgusting.

I'll be hitting my Fat Joe tomorrow hopefully, assuming it doesn't spontaniously explode in my hand, or I don't blow the stem to pieces from sucking too hard...

3. #83 samiel, Oct 14, 2009

haha you just gotta look, edit and gc sell better quality glass for the money... i would buy a molino piece before a WS piece.. hell a molino piece for the SAME price you can get a tube w/ a worked section and a worked ac.. obviously you've already spent your money so what is the point of continuing this damn argument? seriously its fucking pointless... but if you break it within the first month, dont you dare start a thread fucking whining about it because we'll all be like "told you so"

and Zigi if you were REALLY trying to convince people you produce a quality piece send me a piece to test. if it passes my personal quality control i will get on here and publicly apologize AND send you the piece back...

4. Compare toalex89's suggestion with what you said before: A Messiah w/ an inline perc a/c and a 21 hole diffusor. Together with shipping the WS setup would be 180 euros.

So...

The choice is between a 14 to 10 arm with quality constructed, open-ended American made percs or a 3 to 3 with imported Chinese percs and a thin, draggy inline. The WeedStar is 180 euros and the Wicked Sands is 200 euros.

With that, I swear to God I rest my case.

5. Ok, sweet, you got me on a misworded technicality. Messiah 7mm is about $100au, WeedStar inline about $60ish, and yeah I was a bit too blase about "etc".

Basically, yeah, Id rather that piece for like $300 and postage. But for $300 and postage (which is free at weed star) its TWO bongs, TWO ash catchers, AT LEAST TWO slides.

Yeah I'm done too, we've both said enough. The closest the gap can close is comparing a double perc'd Messiah, which runs around $191au I think? With some attachements, then yeah in that case I'd pick the wicked sands for sure. But the aim for me and my mate was somewhere from $80 - $150 each on an order between us. Likewise tho, if a guy in a headshop offered me 2 Weedstars for less than 1 compaible brand piece... it'd be a harder choice, but atm that situation arrising is impossible.

Is that Wicked Sands on a website where I could get it from Australia? Ironically enough, amongst it all that piece is growing on me... it could pretty much chew up a tax return or something, that'd be the best way I could afford it.

For the sake of the whole discussion too, here's a couple of youtube vids I found of Aussie style bongs with the removable rubber base, brass stem and cone in a grommet, and terrible tiny carb holes (also please note the general.... I dunno, 'caveman' mentality? There is basically no smoking culture here, apart from people like me who go online. This place is full of dickheads with their Dare bottle bongs, trying to 'pull the biggest cone'):

This one's actually a ceramic one. They are everywhere here. It has the same rubber grommet, brass stem and cone setup as the glass ones
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wmYoFIEdNQ]YouTube - aussie BONG RIP[/ame]

This one is pathetic.... like, is it a challenge? See the tiny size of our cones? I showed my friends a molino option bowl i ordered and they shit themselves. Also note burning it the ENTIRE time instead of just licking it with flame to cherry it
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HDjhlEbH38&feature=fvw]YouTube - Aussie bong rip by a pro[/ame]

This one is actually not toooo bad. He hits it for a while, but then stops lighting, and gets a decent cherry. its packed really really dense, and it's actually a monster hit. But notice how slow the bong clears from using the carb, and that is a GOOD carb too, that one clears better than most ive used
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCaj_YKMqsc&feature=related]YouTube - Billy Smokes A Party Cone[/ame]

So yeah... that's the mentality I'm dealing with and trying to educate. To me, Weedstar is a godsend.

6. never thought i'd be saying this but WS is actually a step up from what you've got available there apparently... and honestly if you're satisfied w/ it then great you got your money's worth, but in the states we hold our glass blowers to higher standards *like everything else. we want the best* and its possible that one day you will want a higher quality piece... and if Zigi is willing to throw in a free piece then good. give it to a buddy and get the glass on glass scene going down under... but like i said in my last post. if he really wants to prove himself and his abilities to his US customers he's going to have to step it up. and if he'd come off a piece or 3 of the better quality pieces for little to no cost, show us that he's willing to come up with his own designs, customize some of these pieces. then yes he could salvage his rep here in the states.... and im willing to take on that responsibility... but im not going to shell out my hard earned cash for his current work... although i would like to see one of these tank joints upclose. almost certain it doesnt have anything on G-Spot's or US tube's joints but then again US tubes is 4-0 against several of the high end glass companies in the world including roor, illdelph and phx.

7. after watching those videos im damn near embarrassed for you guys down there.... my $20 acyrlic hits better than all 3 of those bongs... why the hell is there not a gong scene down there?!

8. i have smoked from one of your WS pieces... and in the same sesh my buddy who's piece it was broke a perc from hitting it too hard. it may have been one of your earlier pieces, im not sure, but i wasnt impressed w/ the quality of that paricular piece. if you'd read through the first few pages of the thread you see that ive stated that in several different posts. all of my glass is from local blowers, and have yet to be disappointed. im not saying i wouldnt smoke out of one of your pieces. and actually considered one of your smaller straight tubes as a daily driver... but from what ive seen of your perc'd pieces the quality simply doesnt compare to other brands in the same price range.

9. #89 ihugtrees, Oct 14, 2009
    dude what do you work for fuckin weedstar?

that shit's straight inferior

lol how many fuckin links til you gtfo

lol just read this thread from the beginning lol

10. guess he doesnt understand the fact that I SAW THE SHIT HAPPEN W/ MY OWN TWO FUCKING EYES!!!! the particular piece had soo much drag, the glass in the perc couldnt handle it. your straight tubes MIGHT be a decent investment for the money, but there is no way in hell id buy a WS perc... but then again this is my personal opinion. i keep trying to tell him he needs to step his shit up to get the people that KNOW OUR GLASS interested in his products.... or he can keep selling his shit to noobs, or people who cant get decent quality glass were they live.... there are several threads about people not being able to get a GOOD quality perc'd bong in germany... so blah.

11. him? your? our?

wtf?

12. i was talking about Zigi who apparently is either the owner or a rep for weedstar. he's posted several videos of himself blowing and trying to demonstrate the strength of his pieces.... its funny because he only tried to break 1 piece.... i didnt see him throwing one of his big perc'd pieces around.... it was funny to watch though cause he tosses the tube on the ground... who the fuck is going to throw their bong and NOT expect it to break....

13. what the fuck ever

i almost hit a deer this morning - on a skateboard! win

14. no need to get pissed dude... ive got no beef with you.

15. To be fair, I also would warn against and not buy a brand who's perc I'd seen smash in front of me.

Samiel, yeah I'm glad you kinda see the picture. As that other dude posted tho, when the double perc messiah with attachements plus postage price on it's own is over $200, id choose the wicked sands piece for $300 for sure.

The glass scene... it's because the most common mentality here is just to get high, for the sake of just getting high. There's no culture, there's no appreciation, discussions, or most importantly nice glass.

I really want to travel for the sake of smoking one day. I'd love to hit places like california, Toronto and of course Amsterdam.

As far as I can tell, the scene is SLOWLY catching on, and this is what I work on: A site called bongsnthings.com . They are the only Australian site I can find featuring glass pieces, all glass with 14.5 joints, made by "an aspiring Australian glass blower". Now, there's 3 BASIC pieces, priced $225, $275, $325. Also on that site, some of the top selling items are glass stems with rubber grommeted glass slide bowls. They also sold out of a special type of stem that I haven't seen anywhere else, which is an Australian sized bonza stem with a 14.5 joint. The fact the 2 varieties of those ran out means the australian people are gradually replacing their brass with GonG joints.

I must say Trikky's thread did a lot of 'inspiring' for me. I'll probably do a glass blowing course next year sometime. I may have to near single handedly intorduce glass to Australia.... hahaha

I also like this:

Even Ziggi himself is saying "I sell a cheaper product, which is obviously less quality, but it is good quality for the tiny amount of money".