should i buy weed star elevator 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by perith66, Sep 28, 2009.

1. 'Warning' people is fine, but how often has someone said "Oh wow thanks! I was so uninformed!!! I didn't understand that a $150 tube would be higher quality than a $50 piece!" ?

It's a given: People will be happier spending more money on their products IF they can afford it. If I could feasibly buy a 50cm fat Roor, and not have it affect my lifestyle, I would. But as it stands, $53 for a fat Joe is going to suit me fine, and keep my ounces flowing.

Infact, for argument's sake, the only RooR I have my eye on is the affordable Rasta line. I want one one day, but at the moment, a tiny RooR piece is going to cost as much as about 3 massive Weed Star pieces.

2. id get #2

3. Why haven't you looked into EHLE? They actually make something worthy of the "glass" nomenclature.

4. My friend ordered a weedstar from EDiT and it broke after he lightly tapped it while picking it up. However, if you really want to get one and think you'll be able to keep it in one piece for more than a day, the first one looks way better.

5. Yeah, Grass city sent me a cracked Mad Scientist too. Replaced it instantly with pics to the staff, awesome stuff.

I dunno, in that 'buddy' video of Ziggi's, he's using the exact tone I'm getting at: "Look at what you can do with this thing for $50!!!". It's about value. Most people are clearly aware of the difference in quality that a brand can represent, the same way that a lot of people think RooR is over priced.

6. they dont have to give their pieces away... the shit sells themselves... ive had a roor blue label that i gave my cousin... its still in one piece and i bought it almost 4 years ago... if you can keep a WS piece that long w/o breaking it, then yes you've spent your money well... but most people that buy these pieces end up buying higher end glass because of the better quality.

is WS a good Glass on Glass beginer's piece.. yes... you dont have to shell out a shit ton of money for em. and most of the "high end glass" is expensive simply from supply and demand... a good piece is going to cost you more to begin w/ but will typically last longer, and perform better in the long run. i dont consider myself a "hater" i just know the difference between quality and quanity....

think of buying a piece like buying bud... the better the piece the more the price, the better the bud, the more it costs.. so please do us a favor and actually THINK about what you're talking about before you speak...

7. This comment makes me wonder if you chase after every infomercial product you see on tv... :laughing: You can get the Bathroom Buddy right now.... just 3 easy payments of $19.95... look at what this thing can do!!!

Don't be such a sucker.

8. ..the bathroom buddy...wtf???....hahahahaha:hello:

9. Cut the bullshit. The goal of WeedStar is plain as day: Cut costs, ignore sacrifices to quality, piggyback on the innovations of others, make profit.

10. #70 §outhern§moke, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2009
    You really don't get it man. When you blow glass you need to stretch the joint this causes the glass to thin out. Your joints are not 7mm, your glass at it's thickest part (probably around the mouth piece) is 7mm. I can almost guarantee that your joint is probably thinner than a roor 3.2 and the bottom of your beaker is no where even close to 7mm. These are the parts that actually break on bongs, and with normal use might I add. This is why glass from better more reputable companies is sought after. I don't want to sound like a dick but, don't try to justify yourself buying junk by saying it hits better than a roor, we all know it doesn't.

Ultimately the OP should just get a nice straight tube that costs the same as the Weedstar and he wouldn't end up regretting it in the future just cause he wanted a cheap perc'd bong.

11. I'll get around to making a topic soon, showing you what REAL shit is: Australian bongs. The best distributer is 'Agung'. The bongs are glass, but never mention thickness. NONE have glass joints, they have holes for a rubber grommet. Inside that goes a BRASS stem, which has to air tight fit the entire way. They ALL have carb holes, but they are less than the diamater of a pea, so are useless. Using the shotty, it is so small that there is still enough pressure to bubble the water. They also all have a removable rubber foot 'for easy cleaning'. Inthe brass stems you place brass cones. These cones are about a 3rd of the size of a standard molino bowl.

THOSE are fucking rubbish, AND they cost MORE than Weed Star!!! I have a 45cm bent neck tube with an ash catcher. The ashcatcher is bell shaped, and has 2 holes for 2 grommets. It has a brass stem, and a glass elbow joint piece to attach to the tube. It's on an online site for $110 + postage. My local smoke shop guy got it for me for $70, and sells them for $85.

My point is, my pick of aussie pieces was a $70 piece which was a HUGE saving, and ziggi has 50cm and 60cm, percs, all sorts of crazy shit for under $100 a pop!

What weed star does is a service, they cater for a market that needs to be catered for! I would hate to live in a world with only expensive brand name glass!

Like I keep saying too, I GET IT! I get spending all the money, admiring the art, holding a perfectly blown flawless piece etc. But I also get paid, and that happens at under $1000 a week. Maybe one day when I have access to expendable money, I'll have a room full of RooRs. In the mean time tho, for the same money, I'll buy a CAR or an ENTIRE LOUNGE SUITE or a 50INCH PLASMA TV!!! Then I'll hit a huge bong that cost me under $100, look at a slightly crooked stem, and be completely content.

12. Ziggi, I'm glad you addressed me actually! I have an important question about postage. Do you post to Australia?!?!?! Your site says world wide shipping, but when I go to put my address in, it won't let me put a 4 digit area code, which is what we use in Australia. It won't let me continue without putting a 5 digit area code!!!

Me and my friend were planning on doing a 200euro+ order in about 3 or 4 weeks. We were going to pick up the Ghetto bitch, 7mm Messiah, with a few precoolers, stems and slides.

Get back to me about the shipping, it's important!!! Haha. Also if you're serious, anything you could throw in for free would be amazing. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I've got a 50cm Fat Joe coming in the mail either today or tomorrow, :).

13. Clearly you still don't get it... FOR THE SAME MONEY YOU GET WEEDSTAR GARBAGE YOU COULD GET QUALITY GLASS.

That's it... that's all I've got for you. I guess the only other thing I can do is post up my nice tube I'm buying in 2-4 weeks.... I'll be spending less than the 200 euros you mentioned... and I'll be getting more for my money.

And they say Americans are wasteful... :rolleyes:

14. 200 Euros gets us the 7mm Messiah, Ghetto bitch, 2 3 arm percd ash catchers, a bunch of slides, couple of stems etc.

Point me right now to a 50cm tube, all glass, that will post to Australia for under $100 combined. Not only will I change my views on Weed Star doing a good job at catering for people who wanna spend less, but I'll actually buy the piece. If it's preferable... then der. I chose weed star over G-spot, Roor, Molino, Bushmaster and G-spot. Those were the brands available to me, and anything even remotely similar to any of the Weed star pieces I liked started at over $100.

Ffs, I'll paypal someone $100 to send me a superior tube! Weed star are doing the perfect job of catering for me. Infact, for a direct glass company comparisson: I wish I'd bought the Weed Star Mad Professor now instead of the Molino Mad Scientist.

Don't start a lecture on Molino either, the scientist is anything but perfect.

15. #75 toalex89, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
    For 200 euros (300us) you can get a 14 arm to 10 arm Wicked Sands Straight.

[​IMG]

or

9mm governmint 100% California made
    [​IMG]

+

4arm SG ac
    [​IMG]

or

1 of these mini toros
    [​IMG]

I think you get the general idea I'm not going to post all the options since I'm lazy; but you aren't buying Weed Sh*t anymore because of how cheap it is (hence spending 200euros on fucking garbage) but because you think that more = better.

Quality over Quantity.

16. #76 El Brossidente, Oct 14, 2009
    Ok, now tell me where to buy them, how I get them here, and how much it costs to do so.

$300 for a bong isn't feasible at all. I just can't justify it! For the same sort of money I could get an ounce or more, a few Weed star pieces, a motherboard and cpu (which I need atm) etc etc.

$50 - $100 is affordable for basically anyone who wants to own at least one glass piece.

Me and my mate were going halves, so you're working on a max of $160au for at least a 50cm tube, with any sort of ashcatcher (tho im getting the 3 arm perc'd one), and I'll say at least one slide.

I'd LOVE one of those pieces, but with Weed Star having a huge variety with percs, inlines, diffusers and whatever else, for a fraction of the price, you won't sway me. I won't ever be saving a huge lump sum for ONE piece, unless I get some miracle job with some crazy pay rate.

Just for shits and giggles: I'd pick the first one out of that selection. The ashcatcher is very very sexy too.

17. #77 El Brossidente, Oct 14, 2009

Sorry, I should address that, because it's very relevent.

The order is mainly because my friend want ths 7mm Messiah. He also wanted an ash catcher of some sort, some slides, and probably a stem or 2. By that stage, he was already at $100 - $150au, with postage being around $50au (30 euro), it made more sense for me to fill the other half of the order to the 200 Euro free postage point.

As I said, atm I'm waiting on a 50cm Fat joe from EDIT. It was $53au with about $30 shipping. Was a tossup between that and the puncher. Wanted the 60cm Joe, but EDIT only stock the one. That was my pick for a $50 - $60 bong between EDIT and GC.

So yes, for me to spend $160, it's going to be for a few things. Quantity for the same money will happen, but the idea is you don't start with $300, you start with $50. You don't literally go and buy 6 Weed star pieces instead of once good piece, it's for the sake of argument. You get your $50 piece, and pocket the $250.

You're answering the question as if it's asking the best way to spend $300, when my question was give me a 50cm tube, higher quality than Weed star, for $100 or under including postage.

Likewise, match my near exact order!!! For $320au I want:

2 beaker bottom pieces, one at least 40cm, one at least 60cm
    2 Ash catchers with a minimum of 3 tree perc arms
    2 Slides
    2 21 hole diffusers

That will do. The Weedstar order will include some more bits and pieces, but to be fair, that's the order I want matched, for $320 posted. I

Until any of you can match that deal, your argument of "There is better available for the same money" just doesn't make sense. I can't give that standpoint any credit without any proof to back it up.

Showing me pics of 4 seperate pieces at $300 a pop proves nothing EXCEPT that you pay extra for quality (also, the last toro is a MINI. Instantly fails my 50cm prerequisite. I want a BIG piece if I'm spending money). I don't need the point explaining that $300 on ONE piece gets you a better quality piece than 6 seperate Weed stars. I want any of you to prove me wrong! Show me that I'm not getting the best possible deal I can through Weedstar (taking into account now that I'm apparantly getting a free piece off Ziggi)

18. #78 sinsemillaplease, Oct 14, 2009
    You simply want more than your money is worth.... and that's not possible.

Edit: And I simply can't understand why you would want a collection of shit over one or two high end pieces. That just doesn't make any sense at all. If you have the money to buy the WeedShit collection, money isn't your issue... but you still claim that it is. :confused_2: 300 euros spent on paraphernalia is still 300 euros spent on paraphernalia no matter how you try to splice it. If you don't have 300 to spend on one piece, you don't have 300 to spend on a collection either.

19. No no no NO! You said it IS possible!!! The argument is not to spend money on Weed Star because there are better products for the SAME PRICE! I said prove it, and the result is: "You want more than your money's worth".

You know what? It IS POSSIBLE! Weed Star CATER FOR EXACTLY THAT! MORE THAN YOUR MONEY'S WORTH, FOR A KNOWN, CHEAPER BRAND!

Why is that concept so hard to grasp?

Now just admit it, that you CANNOT match Weed Star's value. Show me a $50 bong you can throw on the ground that isn't Weed Star, and prove me wrong.

My god... just, wow. That quote... that just completely proves everything I'm saying. I got told the problem was that there were similar products for the same price in other brands that are better quality, and accessable. Show me them, please, or just get it that Weed Star perfectly cater to a sector of the market that needs it.

20. if you watch the video of the guy tossing that piece its a fat joe... different designed piece... no joint really to break. but all in all the track record for weedstar SUCKS... and Zigi was getting free pieces so yeah he could throw em around n shit... honestly you'd be better off going w/ a thicker chinese piece over a WS it would probably last you longer.. people on this site know their glass and know that WS pieces suck. i could TOSS my local blown beaker bottom and the piece would not break UNLESS it hit the joint... if you think its all you can get then by all means go for it. dont get on here getting all anal and shit because we're trying to save you money in the long run...

put a WS up against an EHLE, wicked sands, ads, phire, phx of the same price and 9 out of 10 times the weedshit is gonna break first... the quality just isnt there.. but its your money