should i buy weed star elevator 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by perith66, Sep 28, 2009.

1. no i personally dont own one.. but a good friend of mine does, and yes the elevator 1 he had was extremely thin, tree perc broke from a hit. so yeas i know how they smoke and their weaknesses... im the type of person who doesnt chime in on a subject unless i know WTF i am talking about.

2. TOUCHE motherfucker. you sir, have won an argument.

3. #43 mikeylikesit707, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2009
    I would go with 1. if youre bent on a weedstar then i would say you should get this bong for the same price and probably a significant change in quality: BONG GLASBONG GLASS HEADSHOP BONGS KAUFEN Mahony single perc mit austauschbarem percolator, für viele die beste bong der online shop its as good as youll get quality-wise from weed star. if not that then i would look into getting a piece from a local shop, it supports your local scene and is generally cheaper because they dont have to import or buy at a heightened price. they cut the middle man and give you good deals on all their pieces

4. Do you realize how thin the glass needs to be for it to break from regular use? I understad the concept of pressure. Just because the pressure is there doesn't mean that its near enough to actually break the glass. I can see the thickness of my piece. I know it will never break from regular use. As for the bent stem for the dome perc, if all of them were like that, they wouldn't sell them. I know mine isn't.

hahaha, people who know what they are talking about? I think I know way more about my weed star bong than any of you guys do, seeing as i own it.

If I had $292 to spend on a roor, i would get a diffuser and ice notches. maybe 4-5mm thick? and if i want a matching ash catcher i would have to spend over $100 more.

Instead i spent it on a weed star and got a bong with a diffuser, ice notches, a tree perc, and a dome perc. its also 7mm thick. you can get a matching ash catcher for $30.

5. I'm sorry to break the news... but your weedstar is not 7mm thick throughout. Weedstar doesn't make a 7mm bong with consistent thickness no matter what they may advertise.

Post it up...

6. Yea so with all the money you spent on your weedstar + ac + shipping you could have gotten a plethora of different quality tubes: SG gridcap to 8, Toro 8 or 13arm mini, US tube 9mm + ac, Governmint 9mm + custom ac, Hops tube, Wicked Sands 14/10, Toro disk straight, Toro Big joint, SG gridcap + inline ac, MGW double 5arm straight etc........................

7. lol have u been reading anything that anyones saying on here? to answer the threads question i would go with the first one... think about it, your paying the same amount of money so u should get the slightly bigger one... the bigger the bong, the more space it has to milk up.

8. dude you can have the biggest bong in the world. if you cant inhale all of the smoke you're going to end up wasting 90% of the toke.... my single perc beaker is 1000ml.. thats really all anyone needs. unless you've got an insane lung capacity... sometimes its not how much smoke is there, but how dense and how smooth the toke is... ive been smoking bud for along ass time cuz, i know my shit.

id rather have a small dense smooth hit, than a massive weak rough hit.. so yes, inline a/c, and a smaller tube would provide that.... if you notice most of the pieces sold are between 10" and 24"... anything over 24" honestly is outrageous.

9. Tell me exactly what is wrong with this piece for under $100:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I8dA7eBjl0]YouTube - Weed Star Elevator I[/ame]

It milks instantly, and clears even quicker.

The bent perc tube pic? If I had a $1000 perced RooR, and someone offered me $500 back if they could put the stem on a 75 degree angle instead of 90? Call me crazy, but I think I'd be able to live with myself if I took the deal.

Why don't you understand the trade off? Less money for a cheaper brand. You get more functioning pieces, and fancier designs, for a fraction of the price. It's a TRADE OFF! It's a fucking bong!!!

I'm considered this far out wacky stoner guy in Australia, because I only smoke out of glass. Everyone that comes here is gobsmacked, and you know what I own? 2 Aussie bongs, one with an Australian made bonza sized stem that has a 14.5 joint on the end, and I've stuck a 10cm molino mad scientist stem in my other Aussie bong, basically the same shape as the WS buddy, just 38cm, and it's orange and designed. My other piece is a Molino Mad scientist.

The only valid point I get here, is that if some crazy Toro or disc diffused thing cost the same as a WS messiah, inline perc, postage etc. I'd def pic over the WS. In my situation, I get to pick from grasscity or grasscity. I'm hoping the WS website do worldwide shipping... they say they do, but Australia only has a 4 digit area code system, and it won't let me register my address with under 5 numbers.

But yeah me personally? If I'm going to put effort and money into ordering a bong, I'd rather have as many fancy, smoke inproving features, then a perfectly made, plain hitting straight tube.

As I type, I'm waiting on a WS 50cm Fat Joe in the mail, hopefully tomorrow or the next day. I paid $53au for it, and about $30 shipping. So with my spare $100 or so that it would have cost to get a smaller, thinner EHLE or G-spot... I dunno, I might go BUY A FUCKING QUARTER!

Again, I mean call me a fucking lunatic, but if my BONG isn't PERFECTLY made, you know, the thing I suck smoke through that is used to filter out shit, and get filthy dirty and require cleaning on a daily basis, I think I could happily SMOKE AWAY my regret and bad feelings, using all the extra cash I've saved!

FFS, it's like driving a fucking porsche around and harrassing anyone with a car under $50000, telling them to get a real car and pointing out imperfections on the door welding or some shit. Like seriously? Do you go up to kids with cheap brand chocolate, and scoff as you walk off eating your $10 chocolate bar?

Get over yourselves. The only benefit right now that the more expensive pieces have is that they are generally smaller, so they should fit up your collective snobby asses just fine.

10. #50 sinsemillaplease, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2009
    So you've been doing all this ranting in support of a brand bong you've never used.... no wonder you don't understand. After you break that weedstar, see how thin it was and despair over how little you did to cause the break... then you'll understand.

Check out this Local Glass thread... the OP got himself a nice straight tube for $75. Now that's a budget purchase that's worth it.

Would you call us snobs for pointing out the issues with the Pinto from back in the day too? The two are analogous... Pintos were cars that blew up... Weedstars rock glass so thin the beaker might just bust out in your hand... :laughing:

Seriously though, in the words of Carlos Mencia on the gay fish episode of South Park, "Please just get it man... Why don't you get it?"

11. broke from a hit? really? :cool:

12. Possibly so. I'll have my Fat Joe in a day or 2, I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, would you mind emulating the Ziggi Jackson videos of him throwing the Fat Joe pieces around the floor with one of your RooRs?

Again, if this piece of glass that I make dirty every day, breaks earlier than a more expensive piece would have (considering I've owned and bumped Australian pieces for a while now, and they are in a whole other category of shit), I'll have learnt my lesson, and I'll be $50 worse off from it. When that day comes, and I am standing there devistated over my broken WS piece, vowing on my parents' lives to never buy inferior glass again, MAYBE then we can empathise.

13. One man's trash is another man's treasure. That's really the only way I can comprehend your frame of mind.

14. LOLOLOL the video is fast forwarded look @ the movements on camera :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Wtf are you trying to say here :confused:

Did you honestly just say you get better functioning pieces and nicer designs with cheaper pieces ......

This has what to do with anything?

There are a few vendors out there that are willing to do international shipping, as well as artists who will do custom orders.

I'd rather have a nicely made straight and then buy a nice inline for it.

You smoke weed it's gone. You smoke from your tube it stays with you.

You smoke weed it's gone. You smoke from your tube it stays with you.

No it is not, one brand (high end) does it because they love the culture and the people they do it for the other does it solely for the money and has people in a sweatshop who don't even understand its intended use make it.

Well they are smoother and won't break in our asses like your piece will so I think we win.

How are they generally smaller tho :confused:

15. No, it's still a trade off.

There's no way I'm trying to sell that WS make better products. They make fancy bits affordable. Inlines, tree percs, 60cm tubes, WS puts it all in range for the everyday smoker.

I checked out your Toro in your link, and yeah it's a masterpiece, and can't even imagine how good it would hit. Having said that tho, $200 is about my breaking point for a bong. A bong, as I've said, to me, is literally a piece of glass that gets covered in smoke toxins every day. Smoothness of a hit is a lot more important to me than a coloured worked section for $100 or $200 more.

I'll keep hammering it in: It's a trade off. I'll agree with you the entire way that people who try and say WS and other cheap brands are "Just as good!" or even "better!" are stupid, and saying that just doesn't make sense. It applies to ANYTHING: Cheaper brands are inferior, but appeal to a lot of people through their affordability.

Using myself as an example again: The only way I'll ever be able to smoke out of a tree perc is through WS. One reason is availability, the other is cost. People just want the experience of a clean hit, and are content with that. We don't all need to save the equivelent money as buying a car to spend on a glass piece to feel content.

I just don't get the mentality! Even this thread! It's hypocritical to say, as I've helped derail it as much as anyone, but why do owners of brand name pieces feel the need to bash WS and cheap glass at any given oppurtunity? I try and like you guys, and get into checking out your pieces and milk vids... but the arrogant fucking attitude that comes along with it is sickening.

16. #56 sinsemillaplease, Oct 13, 2009
    Because WeedStar is the worst of the worst... the absolute "pinnacle" of shittiness. I certainly am not coming from a position of arrogance. I've owned a Sour, a Medicali, china pipes, and hit, coveted, and yes almost purchased a double tree WeedStar.

Now I know better... and that Weedstar broke during cleaning... without contacting anything but the dude's hands.

The Sour was way overpriced for the value ($220 otd for a straight tube). The Medicali was worth it though. I believe it was $180 for a perc'd straight. They're certainly not high end... but they get the job done on a budget. I understand where you're coming from... you just don't understand where we're coming from.... and just how cheap and shitty weedstar stuff is.

Chill around toking tools some more. You'll see plenty of budget deals for straight tubes as well as perc'd tubes by brands much more worthwhile than WeedStar and at a similar cost.

And I'd avoid shortening WeedStar to WS... that abbreviation belongs to a much more reputable company... Wicked Sands out of Southern California. Certainly don't wanna confuse those two...

17. #57 El Brossidente, Oct 13, 2009
    ... So if you slowed it down, the speed would be in direct ratio, yes?

There's a pic, up further, of a bent stem in a WS dome perc. An angled perc stem is going to work identical to a dead straight one. It's aesthetics, which is where the price tag comes into play, obviously.

No, I didn't. I didn't say better and nicer. I said you GET them. You either get a straight tube, or you get a double tree percd for the same price. I didn't say the percs are better, I just said that you actually get them. you get more accessories and things like percs and diffusers for less money. The designs, you get more interesting shapes and a wider variety at each price point. I didn't say NICER, it's more availability at a cheaper price point. A perfect example is the G-spot snake designs: They cost more than straight tubes.

Trying to garner some slight empathy. If I lived in a place with access to Luke Wilson and Toro pieces, it'd be different. I'm just getting at the comparison, that people with expensive glass just pass off cheaper pieces as if they were nothing, when the norm around here is a dare bottle with a piece of garden hose. It's the equivelent of rich kids. it's just what you've been exposed to, and so has shaped what you minimum opinion of something'worthy' to smoke out of is.

Show me?!?! Like, this isn't a challenge or anything, this is an honest request, because I'd LOVE access to more pieces.

See what you did there? Expressed an opinion of what you'd rather. Now, because I like somethign different, does that now give me the right to call you all sorts of stupid for not smoking MY way? You LITERALLY met an "I'd rather" with your own "I'd rather". That proves my point exactly. People would RATHER PAY LESS!!!

Wow, aren't you a clever one. Want another algarithm? Spend all your money on glass = No weed money. you don't need to point out the dissapearing characteristics of smoking weed to me, nore do I need to explain to you that if you drop a glass bong with ANY price tag on a hard floor, it will smash. The smash will be a lot more instantly and costly than burning bowls of weed.

Oh look, the same point again. Don't stretch yourself. I THINK I udnerstand.... so.... weed burns up and goes away when you smoke it? And if you don't drop your tube... you get to keep it... even tho the weed is gone? Ok, thanks, I should be with you now.... I AM a little slow

NO NO NO! You arrogant fucking idiot!!! We DO understand! I understand!!! I get the art culture! I get why you would buy brand pieces and spend more money. i DONT udnerstand, why people who enjoy the high end part of smoking, feel the need to belittle everyone else?!?! WHY come into a thread asking about an opinion between 2 models, and try sell him another product, in the same breathe as telling him why his is so shit?!?! You're NOT helping, you're reccomending a product that someone either can't, or doesn't want to afford.

(Upon re-reading what you said, you mentioed the creators. I'll agree with you SOMEWHAT, specifically in regards to Australian bongs, as the carbs are made so small they are literally useless. HOWEVER, Ziggi posts youtube videos of himself, showing his new designs, and throwing them around. You honestly think the weedstar creators don't understand what is good to smoke out of? Sure, I'll give you cheap labor reading the blue prints wrong and fucking up, but usually it's an effective design being replicated, with a cheap price tag. It's a GOOD thing, providing multi functioning large pieces at cheap prices is a fucking community service, and a good one)

Why do you think because you spent hundreads more on something other than WS, that I don't understand the concept of paying $700ish for a straight RooR tube? you honestly think because I sit here smoking ounces out of my $50 tube, that I can't grasp the concept that is appreciating and using fine glass pieces? Your subtle insults are worse than your open ones.

Wait... so you're willingly going to stick a bong up your arse because it's smooth and won't break? If you go that far, you can continue being as much as a glass snob as you'd like! As for smaller, I mean the price difference between a brand 60cm and a WS 60cm. I dare say a big draw to WS is the concept of massive pieces for not much money. Some people just want to own a monster bong, by any means. How do you think it makes them feel when people like you tell them their prized baby that was all they could afford, is an absolute piece of shit, and give the mentality they they're not even wortyh to post or address you here until they themselves have saved a life crippling amount of money to buy a similar piece.

Name-calling isn't welcome here, dude. Be respectful. -JD

18. I would have no problems paying $180 for a Medacali perc'd tube.

Hopefully that helps to get my mindset across.

I dunno, I get reccomending against WeedStar, I just don't get hammering people that have already made the choice. If people who ask about final piece decisions on here, ala this thread title, then I assume they have done the exact same as I would have: Weighed up what is available for what price, and what is practical to get. For me, spending over $200 on a bong at this stage in my life isn't anywhere near practical. I assume people choosing weedstar are the same: Have weighed up getting more expensive pieces, but decided on saving some money for a thinner, weaker, worse put together BUT functioning piece.

19. #59 sinsemillaplease, Oct 13, 2009
    And your assumption has publicly made an ass of you... see why that phrase is so popular? Many people don't know that weedstar is shitty glass... and this is why we inform... and rather forcefully when it's necessary because 1 in every 10 seem to try to fight the truth and misinform everyone else in doing so.

And if the OP had made his choice he would have never begun this thread.

There are plenty of lower end to midgrade bongs for a Weedstar price that exceed Weedstar's quality and functionality. All of your posts rely on the mythical idea that your only choice is a $600 Toro or a $110 Weedstar. For future reference, that's known as the fallacy of false alternatives.

20. PS, I'm probably doing the equivelent of PMSing all over you. I'm really really happy atm, and I'm missing a testosterone fix. There's no one to fight with or yell at anymore!

I don't really dislike any of you, I love this place. Just sick of the attitude, and people smashing people posting about buying cheaper pieces. Just humor them as your smoking buddies! We're all just using glass to get high at the end of the day.