Should I buy these LED grow lights for my first grow?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by _Mako_, Sep 29, 2009.

1. #1 _Mako_, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
  2. They look like traffic signal lights. May not work. Buyer beware!!! If your going to drop $275.00, buy a hydro-grow-LED unit. They work great.

3. I was thinking I woul need 10 of them. so $50 worth, you think they are any good?

4. get what u pay for

5. imho, don't buy LED lights, especially for your first grow. You will be disappointed. And broke.

6. Hydro-grow-LED's lights suck anyway.

The best hands down LED's out there right now are www.g2led.com

They are not even made for growing, they mimic natural sunlight. And the PAR score of 1200 destroys any HID light out there. But the footprint is not as big.

First grow... I'd go with a 250w hps.

7. The hydro-grow LEDs are alright; The most common mistake made with them is you have to cause the right amounts of stress to the plant to get it to yeild as much as if you were growing with HPS, which is the heat. Lowering the temp in the grow space will cause this stress.

8. LEDs aren't really ready for much aside from experimentation. There is a lot of potential but they don't provide the full spectrum for a healthy plant and should be supplemented with CFL or used to supplement another broad spectrum light. I would wait until you've had a dozen grows under your belt before you begin experimenting with things like this.

Halitzor, thanks for the great link. Still too expensive and not quite there yet but there is clearly an upward curve in LED technology that will hopefully eventually lead to something better than what we currently have (LED or not)

9. I am using Tim's light (g2led) in fact I have 2 of them going. You can watch my journal if you want BUT NO WHINNING OR MOANING about HPS HID on my journal. I am the only one allowed to whine. LOL

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/468073-led-testing.html

Tim's light are completely far off the scale and his prices are not that much different than anyother. I you buy crappy lights you get crappy buds if any. Cammies light are doing a great job at growing just watch Irishboy journal.

10. How many watts do you need to grow your product? That is who will win in the end because power is not getting cheaper. The G2 guys have made solar power stations that you can buy now too the go super green. Cool dude.

Bob