Should i buy a scale?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by BreakfastBurger, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Im going to pick up some toking tools tomorrow at a store and they have scales. I was wondering if this is worth it? Because weed is becoming legal here in canada and i wouldnt need to weigh it if i am coming back from the store. But i do like to keep track of my hits like weighing out .2 at a time so i can make sure i smoke a gram a day (5 times a day .2) but i was thinking if i just pinch some grounded up bud it might be a .2 maybe less but i know it will still get me baked. Back in the day when i started smoking heavy i smoked a .2 and always got baked. I could never get as baked as i got as my first time because my tolerance was so high so i just used .2s maybe sometimes 2.5 to get me high and it worked. I think i am rambling on but anyways

Should i pick up a scale?

2. It's really that hard of a decision?

3. From the sound of it, I think you should. "I like to keep track of my hits"

Sent from my A460G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yea im debating if its worth it because i figure a pinch would = a .2

5. Buy a scale, it's worth having.

• Like Like x 3
  6. How u figure? But i think so too

7. Its worth it when you buy it on Ebay for $2 as opposed ti $20+ in the store.

8. In enables you to be sure you're getting what you pay for.

9. But i wouldnt need to do that because i will just be buying from the store when its legal. I wont even be using this scale for another 18 months (probation) so im just keeping everything ready. By the time im off it will be legal and im sure stores wont be shorting customers

10. Yea if it was that cheap id pick one up no problem. It is around 35 in the store

11. If you like to weigh out your hits, that sounds like reason enough to have some scales.

I also like to make sure my dealers are giving me the weights that they say they are. I once bought what I was told was a 3.5g bag of bud for $50. Weighed it at home and it was only 2.8g. Were their scales broken? I doubt it...

12. Dispensaries can make mistakes as well...again it's good to doublecheck. I've been shorted twice from dispensaries.

But as far as your situation being on probation and you're not even going to use this for 18 months...why are you even asking this question lol?

Anyway just buy a scale, that's my advice. Or wait 18 months and then buy a scale.

13. Im picking up all my stuff before hand. Last time there was this really bomb headshop by my place and it was the shit. Had everything. But they closed down and moved and now it is a shitty tabacco store. Sells everything tabacco related. Really old fashioned wooden pipes and such. And now there is this headshop a little closer but it doesnt seem like it will last very long. There was one before it but it only lasted about a year and closed down. So i called the store and made sure they had everything i need (scale grinder pipe) and they do so im going to pick it up before they close down or id have to travel really far to get my stuff. And i dont have a car so that sucks

14. Still would love to hear from u guys if a scale is good or not. I leave tomorrow at 2 to go to the store.

Im thinking of picking it up but still having doubts because it might be a waste. (Might not use it much)

15. I say get a scale from Amazon. Less than half the price of the headshop, plus you won't be using it right away so shipping time shouldn't matter. Also if you ever want to make edibles it helps to know exactly how much you're using, especially if it's a single serving.

Sent from my A460G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  16. Just give someone $6 to order it

• Like Like x 2
  17. man just throw a whole gram in a blunt smoke it at once you will
    never look at life the same way

18. #20 killset, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Bro a pinch isn't going to be 0.2. Maybe sometimes. We're talking about grams. It's impossible to eye ball. You'll have bigger decisions in life when you get out of high school. If it's this hard to decide on a scale, life is going to be difficult.

• Like Like x 3