Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I buy a hookah?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SlushyGreasePit, Jun 26, 2015.

1. In Europe with the family on vacation, hookahs are waaaay cheaper here and I think they're real nifty, but I'm wondering is it worth it? I hear they waste weed. Any thoughts or advice on it?

2. #2 Lenny., Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    you can get reasonably priced egyptian imported ones at home. i'd be worried about transporting it, and bringing it through customs. they are big and breakable. and customs was sweating me over a fuckin jacket. they might make you declare and pay taxes on it.

also no, hookahs don't taste like weed, they taste like glass and metal. you have to put shisha into the bowl and smoke out of it.

3. ^i think he read 'taste' where you wrote 'waste' lol.

Yes they waste weed and you can get one stateside for a reasonable price. I would say not worth it, at least not as an impulse buy

4. Haha I'm actually in Canada and they're a little harder to find up here but not impossible, the ones you see around are ridiculously priced like 250$ for a single hose one, compared to 60€ here for one of the same size, but yeah, it would be awkward to whip it out in front of my parents at customs on the way back

5. They're just not pratical, only worth it for big smoking sesh's with lots of friends, at least over here... I had a small one, once, and since I didn't have any coal I had t light it up everytime I smoked it, like a bong, and the smoke was harsh as shit. Granted I was smoking special hookah tobacco at the time, which is really moist because of the flavouring it's dipped in (tasted like strawberry), it should've been less harsh. The tobacco lasted a long time for each session, but I can imagine weed burning away into thin air, along with your throat... [​IMG]