Should I become a nurse?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dazey, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Is the school hard? I read that male nurses get paid a lot more than female nurses are more likely to get the job.

do you get drug tested for jobs like that?

2. ....

No shit you're gonna get drug tested..

3. all the time?

4. Yes... Hospitals don't want some drugged out hippy in their hospital

5. I don't want a drugged up hippie in my hospital.

6. My mom became a nurse and yes the schooling is hard. You really need to know your stuff. Its crazy how much information you need to know. And yes you do get drug tested.

7. I have a lot of friends who went into nursing, granted most of them are chicks. The schooling is mega intense but the job is in high demand, especially for dudes because there are a general lack of male nurses. In fact, if you're a woman at the hospital, be open to or request a male nurse and you'll be treated that much faster.

Also, you'll be able to work pretty much anywhere you want around the world. Nursing is in huge demand particularly here in Australia.

8. I think the real question here is, should I become a nurse?

9. Yo man if you want to become a nurse and willing to work hard to get there then go for it

10. yeah dude go for it, im going into nursing too, even tho i have smoked for like 4 years every day, well i guess when the time to quit comes than that will be it for me, until i retire, then ima smoke out so much till i start farting smoke

11. ya and im pretty sure male nurses get paid about 20% more than female nurses as well.

12. Biology classes were really difficult for me. Also in california if u are a C nursing student it will exponentially harder to find employment. Nobody wants a nurse who barely passed.

13. My sister is just about done her nursing schooling. It's pretty hard and takes a lot of commitment.

14. school is pretty tough and youll more than likely have to piss clean. good luck

15. I tried too take a cna class but I dropped out, you have too remember so much information

:eek:

A lot of notes, money, and studying I was doin' it half-assed cheating my eay through it :p

But evantually I said fuck it and dropped it.

16. My sister is in school to become one now, you have tremendous amounts of work to do and you have to be really smart.

17. What is "really smart"?

You need to be DEDICATED. 12 hour shifts are the norm and you need to know all the info because you are dealing with LIVES.

And yes, they do random drug test I believe. But if you're in Canada, you don't have to worry about that :)

18. Being dedicated is half the work, you can't have some moron become a nurse because the content of the courses you need to take are ridiculously hard. My sister needed an 80% average in high school just to apply to the course.

19. #19 Meatbag, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
    12 hour shifts.... but they mostly sit on their asses and talk to complaining people about their problems, and get the doctor to come in the room. It's not like you're building the great pyramid for 12 hours a day. I would hate being a nurse because people are such pussies But, more power to anybody that can handle people like that.

i don't know why anybody worries about drug tests unless you are on supervised probation where they will actually stare at your cock while you piss... besides that, just buy some synthetic urine!

Shit, idk about that... I have a cousin and a friend who are nurses.... and they aren't the brightest people. I'm not smart by any means, but I look like Einstein compared to them. plus, an 80% average in HS can be achieved with practically no effort

20. No offense, but I already know I wouldn't want you as my nurse. If you think it's going to be a chill job with a decent paycheck, you're wrong. The training is super intense, and the job itself is ridiculously tiring and stressful. You have to clean up piss, shit, and vomit literally all day, put catheters in, dress wounds, stick people with needles, deal with multiple people's problems and needs all at once, etc., etc. You have to be truly, truly passionate about it, or you'll just end up quitting.