Should i be worried?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Ilovejane, Nov 22, 2011.

1. #1 Ilovejane, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
    When i'm high i get a lot of auditory hallecinations. When i'm not high i get a few if i'm nervous. Are these signs of skitzophrenia and should i stop smoking?

Edit: the stuff i hear isn't like stuff i can make out sometimes i think my mom called me when she didn't and i only get these if i'm nervous or paranoid

2. I used to get these a lot when I lived with my parents.

Its all good bro, just being paranoid. Keep tokin!

3. You probably don't have schizophrenia. The weed may be making you a little paranoid where your mom's voice is concerned. Most likely, you are simply tripping out a little. Why not stop worrying, relax, sit back and enjoy the ride?

4. lack of CBD.. only draw back of good bud now a days! lower levels of CBD in cannabis contribute to higher levels of paranoia and all the fun that comes with it.. bet if you smoked a blunt of some reggie you wouldnt be so noid!

5. Just some additional reading...:)

BBC NEWS | Health | Voices in the head 'are normal'

Hearing Voices Movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hearing Voices International Community - Intervoice

6. Correct me if I am wrong but... Sativas have a higher THC content as Indicas have a higher CBD rating, no? So by your logic shouldn't he be able to smoke mainly indicas and be ok?

I haven't smoked a sativa dominate strain in over a year because of an anxiety attack I had from one. I am sure I could smoke them, but my brain would bitch so whatever.

7. hmmm. now ya got me thinkin.. not sure on the difference between sativa and indica on the CBD.. i do however surly know that the higher quality bud produced today compared to yester-year has significantly lowered levels of CBD. (pss. lovin the pic! :D If that wall gets tired ill hold em up!) lol

8. Probably anxiety. Are you concerned about your mom catching you high, or smoking up?

9. #9 GaiaGuy, Nov 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
    The auditory system is a very prominent sense that is linked to multiple layers of memory and neurological response. I would not find it surprising if a psychoactive drug like THC, which has a primary effect of enhancing sensory input, can act as a trigger for rare individuals.

I knew a guy in Germany who claimed to sometimes hear a radio playing softly (like the sound was coming through the wall) when he smoked "too much." He composes music in his spare time, and the music he hears is usually classical – his preferred genera. If accurate, then it may be indicative of high quantities of THC triggering something in his memory.

Other psychoactive drugs, like alcohol, produce similar audio/visual effects in high quantities.

Of course, when it happens with alcohol it is called a ‘good time.’ When it happens with cannabis, it is ‘reefer madness.’ :rolleyes:

I would be concerned if the audio disturbances become persistent or interactive, or if you hear them while not on any psychoactive. For the record, if it is an unmasked predisposition to mental illness, then it will be affected by alcohol and high quantities of caffeine as well. If that is the case, seek help and lay off the psychoactives -- legal or otherwise.

Peace.

10. [quote name='"LilJ86"']lack of CBD.. only draw back of good bud now a days! lower levels of CBD in cannabis contribute to higher levels of paranoia and all the fun that comes with it.. bet if you smoked a blunt of some reggie you wouldnt be so noid![/quote]

I'm not tryin to be a dick, but I think you mean CBN. CBN is the result of oxidized THC which comes from heat and pressure like you'd find in mids. Because of this there's virtually no CBN in dank.

11. [quote name='"LilJ86"']i dont think your a dick.. its called discussion my good sir! that could be aswell, but im specifically talkin about CDB..
    Click here --> What is the difference between CBD and CBN[/quote]

Hmm, interesting. Nice link.

12. First off, great discussion so far! I am surprised there are no trolls on this one yet.

I have the same thing happen to me, but it's not from mental illness... I hope :D

From my understanding, schizophrenia is not something a person necessarily recognizes. The voices and illusions a schizophrenic experiences feel completely real without question. Now, I may be wrong, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, do you believe in ghosts? I am kinda 50/50 on that subject but maybe it's something along those lines? .... just brain-storming :smoke:

13. [quote name='"Bud Upinsmoke"']
    From my understanding, schizophrenia is not something a person necessarily recognizes. The voices and illusions a schizophrenic experiences feel completely real without question. Now, I may be wrong, but I wouldn't worry about it.[/quote]

That's always been my understanding as well, that if you know they're hallucinations then it's not schizophrenia. I may have heard wrong though.

14. Of course, when it happens with alcohol it is called a ‘good time.' When it happens with cannabis, it is ‘reefer madness.' :rolleyes:

Far out, man! Thanks for mentioning that!

It brings back fond memories of the movie: "Reefer Madness".

15. Though I never looked into it, my psych prof last semester told our class about a professor at a prestigious school with schizophrenia that is able to decipher his hallucinations vs reality. Now that I think about it... to google I go!

16. Unfortunately, a guy I was knew with schizophrenia was very aware of his condition. I thought that made the whole thing sadder that he knew when he was being crazy, but was unable to do anything about it.

17. Sorry guys for this thread. I have OCD and was extremely stressed out. I was scared i was going to be a schitzophrenic because with my disease i obsess over something and can't get it out of my head. I rushed to my therapist and he reassurred me that it's just ky OCD. Sorry for making this and fuck OCD it can really drive a person crazy. Peace blades.

18. If it was schizophrenia you probably would know (it runs in the family usually, right?)

I'm sure someone would have mentioned 'yeah, so and so has schizophrenia etc etc'

:p, maybe not though.