Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 91ganja510, Jun 21, 2011.

1. #1 91ganja510, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2011
    Hey everyone! Omg its soo hot in Cali, I can barely type!
    Anyways, wanted to no, should I be worried if my entire plants looks healthy, but one leaf on one of the leafsets is turning yellow? My baby gurl seems fine, and shes getting lots of light and attention from outdoors. What could this be? Don't want it to spread, just transplanted yesterday to bigger pot and gave a watering.

2. We can't diagnose a single yellowing leaf without pics.

3. Alright, sorry. Here you go!

Attached Files:

4. #4 91ganja510, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Some better all around pics...any help would be appreciated. Hope theres nothing wrong! :)

Attached Files:

5. Have a look at any leaves under the damaged leaf in the first pic. Are the single-bladed leaves there? If it's nutrient burn, which it does resemble, the lower leaves will be worse or already burnt off.

6. Oh and nothing is terribly wrong. The plant looks great.

7. Haven't put any nutes in Yet tho...and yes all the other leaves are there beneath it, this the worse yellowing on any of the leaves.

8. Why thank you very much! Hopefully we have a nice harvest. This is my first grow, and its really fun. Something to think about and tend to besides life!

9. In that case it's probably the beginning of Phosphorus deficiency. High-P Bat & Seabird Guanos, and also Bone Meal are some of the best sources of Phosphorus. All of which need to be either mixed into the soil when planting or made into a tea for fertilizing manually. There are many liquid organic fertilizers that are pre-made from these kinds of nutrient teas, (Fox Farms, Advanced Nutrients, etc.) and require less work to use.

10. Do you happen to have the tea recipe? I don't have any money right now...what can I use, if anything, homemade? I have some tiger bloom but I think its.for more mature plants, and my baby is 19 days old

11. #11 91ganja510, Jun 21, 2011
    Could I use the fox farm tiger bloom? Not the entire dose, I have a syringe.

12. Imho the best bet for a low budget is to find a garden store that sells organic fertilizers in bulk for a couple bucks per pound. Many times I've grabbed a pound of Bone Meal or something when the plants needed it & I didn't have the money on me for a big bag. Google things like "Garden Center" or "Nursery" with your zip code in the search field. Click on the little map & call around.

Your plants need Phosphorus, so try to get a pound (or at least 1/4c) of high-P Guano or Bone meal. Mix 1/4c in a pot of at least 1qt of pure water. Warm the pot, either on a stove set to its lowest setting or just sitting on a heating pad. If on the stove, watch carefully and turn the heat off if the pot starts to steam. However the pot is warmed, stir regularly and add water if the level decreases noticeably. Steep the fertilizer for 7-10hrs, never allowing it to get hotter than it takes to start steaming and stirring regularly. When done, filter while still hot through an old piece of fabric & into a pitcher- old, high-threadcount sheets work well as filters. Dilute the mix to 1gal total solution & set the pH to about 6.5. Some very acidic or alkaline fertilizers should be steeped in a neutralizing agent to make final pH adjustment easier.

13. Sorry, yes, the Tiger Bloom should fix her right up.

14. Oh really? I no its strong...so how many mls or tsps?

15. I'm not sure what the mixing instructions for that are, but your plant is plenty mature enough for a full strength dose.

16. Are you sure? :eek:

17. #18 91ganja510, Jun 21, 2011
    The instructions are general feeding : 2-3 teaspoons, per gallon of water every other watering. I watered yesterday and transplanted.

18. Of course. It's not a seedling anymore. 1tsp/half gal. You shouldn't need to make more than that.

19. #20 91ganja510, Jun 21, 2011
    Its extra strength 2-8-4 fert for abundant blooms and buds.
    I dont want to malnutrition her & I dont want to over feed her. But, this is all I have at the moment.