Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I Be Worried About Smoking With Someone That Had Mono?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by nativetongues, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Hey my roommate has had mono for the past week and he just found out. I smoked at least once or twice with him earlier this week. I've been feeling pretty tired this week but I've also been extremely busy. Do you guys think that I should be worried or possibly go to the doctors to get tested for mono? I know most of the time it is transmitted by kissing but I was thinking sharing a bong my also be a way to transmit it. What do you blades think, am I just overreacting or should I be worried?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I don't know and I've never had Mono but if It's transmitted through saliva (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm guessing it can be transmitted through anything you share orally.

3. You can get it from sharing a bong because we all know those people who "nigger lip" bong,joints,blunts,etc.

4. That's what I was thinking but I feel like you would be a little less likely to receive it from a bong since you don't put the inside of your lips on a bong whereas you do with a straw. I feel like I get less saliva on a bong when I use it than the end of a straw for example. That being said I'm still kind of nervous that I have mono. Shit would suck with finals right around the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #5 leodicapario, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    yes you can get it from some one who has it or recently had it... but hey you can get hepititus c from spit as well

not c... but  hep b for sure.. sorry :-S

6. If you feel like you have a sore throat or your spleen swells up, have the doc confirm if you have it. 

7. #7 iVapeTooMuch, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    You don't need a lot of spit to get mono. I got mono my freshman year of high school from taking a ballon hit of an unmentionable that someone else had used.

Either don't smoke with them, which is the smarter option, or use a lighter to burn the mouthpiece of your smoking utensil after and before each hit to try and kill any bacteria that is left over.

I smoke on 1/5. I was always taught to reduce fractions.