Should I be worried about helicopters?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Dr. Zoidber, Feb 9, 2010.

1. #1 Dr. Zoidber, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2010
    I live maybe five miles from a small airport (Like on a golfcourse small) anyway maybe five times a month Ill see the weekend warriors flying like 100 yards from the ground right over my house and some other air traffic higher up. When its warm enough I put my girls outside for 6 hours of really killer sunlight and im sure if someone was looking they could spot them sitting out there. Should I be worried?

*edit* The plants are on a second story balcony completely covered on all sides so you would have to be looking straight down to see them.

2. Unless some of those are police choppers, I wouldn't think that the pilots are looking downward for marijuana plants while they're coming in for landing at the airport (or taking off away from the airport). I personally would be worried out of my mind though.

3. Yes, you should.

Remember what the stakes are: your freedom.

Yes, you should. Find another plan.

4. +rep man thats something I didnt think about. I bought some flower vines and im definitely going to let them grow up before I move my girls outside.

5. Being that close the pilots are probably still doing takeoff and landing stuff so unless they are circling over you chances are they won't notice. Even if circling, unless there are a lot of plants or a huge one in the open chances are it would go un-noticed. Some pilots might just even come and help themselves. LOL But as mentioned it's your freedom so you be the judge.

6. Near me there are helicopters we call 'snoopy' whose job is strictly to fly over the wooded areas and search for grow ops. There are busts every summer in the paper. last year I pulled 4 beauties up very early because they were in the neighborhood... Fredom is important :) But you have to learn an adapt. THis years gonna be a lot different.