should i be using molasses every watering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johnfawking, Sep 29, 2011.

1. or just with every nute watering? in flowering of course

2. I use molasses every other non-nute watering cycle...Black Strap Molasses avail at grow shops around my area or in epicurean section of grocery stores.

3. What ratio do you use?

I have a micro .PC. CFL "Dirt" in Flower & I have been mixing about a table spoon fancy molasses / 2 liters water
    for water between nutes

I'm not sure if I'm giving my girls all I could
    any thoughts?

BDC

4. I use 2tsp every watering, I don't add any with nutes. Just the way I do it.... no reason other than it works for me and I don't want to burn them ... I've had no problems yet

5. Going to sound newbish here...but, why use molasses?

6. I'm pretty new to this also, but I think molasses contains alot of B vitamins, if I'm not mistaken

7. molasses feeds the microbes in the soil which help feed and take care of your girls.

8. Really? Thats pretty damn awesome. In all the research I've done, I havent run across that. Is there any way you can tell me how to start going about using molasses? We haven't even started using nutes in our grow yet.

9. [quote name='"Kroptonik"']molasses feeds the microbes in the soil which help feed and take care of your girls.[/quote]

What kind of molasses? And when do you add it?

10. if you read the previous posts its all covered up there ;)

you want unsulphered blackstrap molasses. and I start using it 2 weeks into flowering up until the last week of flowering when I give them straight water to flush the extra nutes out.

I usually put 1-2 tbsp of molasses per gallon of water on every feeding that I give them nutes.

11. Is there a thread on here that gets more detailed about using molasses in conjunction with nutes? I'm trying to find a good type of schedule for my current grow. We haven't started adding any nutes yet, but we're not sure when to do so. I'm growing with a friend of mine, and while I've grown many soil based plants, I've ~never~ actually used nutes. It's a new experience for me.... Any and all help is appreciated.

12. Ummm...search for threads with "molasses" in the title...

Seek and ye shall find.

13. lol Thanks :smoke: I'll do that relatively soon as a matter of fact.

14. [quote name='"Kroptonik"']if you read the previous posts its all covered up there ;)

you want unsulphered blackstrap molasses. and I start using it 2 weeks into flowering up until the last week of flowering when I give them straight water to flush the extra nutes out.

I usually put 1-2 tbsp of molasses per gallon of water on every feeding that I give them nutes.[/quote]

Very good thanks!

15. will water with molasses make the run-off leave a sticky residue, or make the soil unable to be re-used?

16. No, the molasses is diluted with the water and wont leave thw soil sticky

And i give my girl 3 tbsp of flowering nutes and a shitload of molasses almost every watering and havent had a single problem the whole grow,

Other than of course rippers :cool:

17. i like to wait till at least the second week of flowering to give any sugars, the plants are really still in veg for a while before they are technically budding and need it....

and load that shit up if your using soil, it really makes your flowers taste and smell nicer, and adds a little chunk

18. also when you flush, dont stop using the molasses.

19. Thanks for the advice. I'll probably be applying this to my current grow :smoke:

20. Good info, guys. Is there like a preferred brand of molasses, or just any non-sulphered kind? Also, has anyone used a nute called "Ginormous"....its by Humboldt, it's supposed to greatly improve the yield, and to trigger the plant into flowering when you foliar feed w/ it. I ordered it, but not expecting great things lol