Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I be concerned?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheStonelyLoner, May 1, 2012.

1. Hey GrassCity :D

First post :hello:

A little backround info to start with. I first started smoking weed during last summer, but only probably 3 or 4 times. Christmas break came around and a few of my buddies wanted to smoke some weeeed :smoke:

We got some and ever since ive been smoking 4-6 times a week, sometimes multiple times a day if its a weekend.

So anyways, about a week ago me and my buddies bought a new bong from a local headshop. It was like 60 bucks and probably the highest grade bong ive owned so far. Its got 2 percs and about 14"-16" tall. I paid the most for it so i had the honors of taking first greens, so I did. I ripped it pretty hard but only 1 toke and a bit of an after hit (someones leftover smoke) and immediately felt very stoned, we were smoking some 'Purple Kush'. I had smoked this same strain a few days prior out of a joint and it was probably one of the most potent strains ive ever had since im still kind of starting out. We went back to my buddies house and chilled out, and thats when i noticed i was sick to my stomach and no position was comfortable to lay down in. I went to the bathroom and threw up 5 or 6 times. After this I went to the couch and fell asleep for around 2 or 3 hours, cant remember :p

Any idea's on why this happened? I've greened out one other time before, but is there a way i can prevent this?

also, my friends smoked the same weed out of the same bong and took like 4-5 tokes and they didnt throw up or anything.

Thanks for reading and Happy Stoning :smoke:

2. Are u sick ... ? :p

3. No I wasn't sick at the time. After I woke up I had a headache and I went home and just watched movies for the rest of the night. The next day I didnt notice any problems either, just blazed some more!

4. First time I ripped my bong I took wayyyyy too big of a hit. My body immediately gag reflexed, which caused me to swallow a large chunk of smoke. I stumbled around the room for a bit (coughing ridiculously) before I made it to the bathroom. I sad down next to the toilet and felt completely sick to my stomach. I didn't throw up in the end, but had a nauseous feeling for quite some time afterwards. I also started profusely sweating while sitting on the bathroom floor. Kinda freaked me out.

Could something similar have happened to you? Do you think you might have swallowed some of the smoke, which in turn upset your stomach (albeit, the results were far more delayed than my experience)?

I'd just suggest taking smaller hits, making sure the water level and everything in the percs is good, and if you have an ice catcher throw a bunch of ice in there.

5. You greened out, essentially too much high grade too quickly. Physical manifestation of a psychological worry. You smoked too much too quick and it was your bodies way of getting rid of what it needed to. Trust me it happened to me in the middle of McDonalds in central Amsterdam.

6. Hmmm, i guess its possible that I swallowed some smoke, but I dont remember much after hitting it. But the thing is a few of my friends are fairly new to smoking weed and just started out this month, and they took more hoots than I did and all had a good time.

7. Would taking more time in between hits help prevent this then? Also smaller tokes?

8. Take smaller hits and hold them in for about 2-3 seconds. :)
    And, wait a minute or so in between hits. :bongin:

9. You just got greened out. I'd suggest lay down.

10. haha. yea sounds like the OP had a green out.

I didn't green out in amsterdam, but saw a girl greenout. Skinny little girl was hitting a huge vape bag, and then bam.. she kinda fell down onto her chair and puked.