Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Should I be concerned about my habbit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Palmerf420, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Ok so I have been smoking everyday for 8 months. Im in highschool (senior year), I have a great girlfriend, no job, a truck, parents that love me, and practicly endless supply of money.
    I feel like I am doing a endless loop and am getting nowhere. I want to go to a community college then become a police officer. The last couple of weeks I feel like I have an addiction and all i really know is pot.
    Should I cut down and let my family know whats going on so I can get back on track, or should I keep going and hope everything works out alright?

2. smoke more

3. If you have any questions on where your life is going and think pot is affecting you negatively , then just take a T-break and get things in order and decide if continuing to smoke is for you. At least thats my 2 cents. :wave:

4. Get a job, do well in school and enjoy life man

5. Lmfao

6. Get a job and see if you can handle it while still smoking every day.

7. Sounds like a plan to me, just remember that you arent really addicted you just enjoy doing it an have got used to doing it a lot, so it just requires a bit of will power =]

Also, just out of interest where did you get an endless supply of money?

8. "If reefer really makes you happy, blaze it."

9. My friend Derek used to always say "I'm always ok smoking pot, because I know that five minutes after I smoke some pot, I'll be ok with it."

Its a nice diversion, it fixes what ails you, and (unlike most girlfriends) pot doesn't care if you come home smelling like a different bong. Pot's great. But I think us pothead/stoner/weed affectionados need to keep in mind that smoking pot is pretty much the exact same as watching TV... fun, but not really going any where. It's not like every time you're smoking a joint you're training for the pot olympics.

Some people are ok watching five or six hours of TV a day. You sound like you're not ok with it. And that's good. You probably graduate from Highschool in June, don't start community college till September? Well, now's a good time to get yourself some discipline built up... only smoke on the weekends, or make a rule that you can only smoke if you get a certain amount of studying done first. I can't confirm this (despite my psych degree... but I studied a different kind of psych), but I've read that it takes 25 uninterrupted repetitions of an activity to make it a habit. So that give you most of a year to practice things like T-breaks for those long lean times in college, or to set yourself up some smoking discipline.

If weed is becoming your life, or turning boring... set it down for a bit. You don't have to stop, just take it easy a bit. You'll meet friends in college you'll probably talk to for the rest of your life, and some of those will be new smoking buddies, who will make the herb all fun and new again.

And don't worry about weed fucking you up to bad for college... I started smoking when I was 12, took a four year break for the Air Force, and the day I got out started smoking again. And I've got three college degrees and plans to go back to grad school in September.

You sound like you have a good plan for what you want to do with your life, and a good idea of how to get there. You'll be fine, but good luck anyway.

10. For some reason my father always gives me more money than i need which means I can buy grade a bud 24 7 and munch out almost anytime anywhere

11. Damn good advice

12. Haha lucky, my parents used to be the same, then i got a job so never asked them, then I got fired an after that all I get is "go get a job" or just enough for food an stuff lol

13. got to say i'd give the smoking a break, probably not tell anyone and when your heads a bit clearer make a decision as to where your going with life.
    As much as i love weed, it is still a mind altering drug and making up your mind as to whether to smoke or not is one i think best left to a clear head that's not craving a joint.

A fair few years ago i hit a similar wall and gave up for six months during which i got my life on track and sorted myself out, then made an informed decision on the matter with a clear head.
    I know smoking is right for me and will probably smoke till the end of my days but thats as a (supposedly) responsible adult and after half a year of hard thought on the subject.

Give youself time, you know what smoking is like give not smoking a try and just remember weed (in my opinion) is not worth the cost of your relationship with your friends or family or your schooling, it's fun yeah but keep your life together too.

14. take a tolerance break, reflect and figure out if you really need it all the time. try to cut back if you can(become a weekend stoner) or if you can't do that smoke after you get your things done so its a treat and you don'ty feel guilty about it.

15. Get a job, that's all I can think of. You should gain some financial independance, always nice to have your own income. Even if it isn't much.

16. This.

Also, you buying your own weed will make you realize how much you TRULY love it. Or if you do at all.

17. i think maybe you should take a break and start doing school again if you cant even spell the word habit correctly...

18. i go to community college and I smoke a lot.. community college is even easier than highschool dude, you'll find yourself even less busy then u were in hs and there are a lot more breaks in comm college. You just be sure not to smoke during class if it fucks with your concentration and try to do all your hw as soon as u get it so you have no obligations and are free to smoke.