Should I adjust my water PH and if so how to do it

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by StarGhazer, Aug 21, 2017.

1. She looks hungry, but no bad deficiencies. Remember however, a visible deficiency means you have been lacking nutrients for up to 6 weeks. Feed that girl a nice bloom fertilizer with plenty of P in the mix. Looks great though, just being picky.

2. Yeah purplish sounds like phosphorous deficiency to me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. If the leaf stems are purpling on just the stem and not the leaf then it's not a big deal. If it spreads to the leaf then it could be a nutrient deficiency.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. So far it's just the leaf stems and other stems and I am hoping it stays that way!

5. Great explanation. It's usually caused by temps and genetics rather than nutrient imbalances. I also own both books and highly recommend the Cannabis Encyclopedia to all growers especially new or inexperienced growers. Best book I have read or bought. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. if ya using organic bottle nutes dont use lemon juice or vinigar your benificials could be supressed.

also lemon juice or vinigar youll want to leave it and stir so it has time to drop the ph.

i use organic bottled and ive not ph my water in 4 years my benifical microherd do all that for me.

nutes normally bring ph down anyway
    molassas can help bring ph down and also give nutes to the plant and help boost the microherd.

and purple stems can be a number of things from
    low phos
    low mag
    genetic
    cold temps
    watch the leaves low down for N, P, K issues and newer growth for issues like
    calcium and mag tho mag is kind of mobile in the plant so mag can occur lower down.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. It's common in Maine with the low temps. Some strains just get really purple after a frost or 2. Purple isn't always a bad thing 1503921450525.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app