Should I add this Attachment

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by secretjuly, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Hey guys just wanted some advice for my bong.

First bong I bought and I paid for all of it so this thing is my baby and I care for it as such.

Its a 5mm Roor (Picture 1) and with it I have a Alex K showerhead downstem(Picture 2) with the stock roor bowl.

I was thinking about purchasing an ashcatcher/barrel perc(Picture 3) for maybe a Christmas/Holidays/New year upgrade

What do you guys think...should I do it?

What would be some pros/cons for the addition?

Peace, Love, and keep :smoking:

Attached Files:

2. Disk diffused bowl

3. any recommendations on which kind or where to guy to get these guys?
    My joint size is 18mm and I saw some pictures they look pretty sick would you need a screen for on of these

[​IMG]

4. Yeah what this man said, I picked up a 14mm 7 hole honeycomb diffused slide from a blower on etsy, easily the best $50 addition keeps ash out of the water and hits insanely smooth

5. I'm not sure on sourcing places to buy glass so all i'm going to say is go on etsy and look for the dude selling 18mm and 14mm honeycomb diffused slides, the 18mm has 13 holes

6. Depends how much youre trying to spend . I would just google it ... Naw you won't need a screen unless youre smoking just hash or keif

7. #7 secretjuly, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
    Been searching up and I think I am going to pick up a B.Wilson diffused disk slide $40 from Blue Lab Tech (If ya catch my drift)

I was trying to find GMD slides but to no avail

8. SSFG makes a nice disc diffused slide for about $30.

9. If you got the cash that would be one badass roor setup. A disk bowl is always a great upgrade you can also get an Ice Pince or honeycomb or clock work slide aslo.

10. #10 secretjuly, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
    Ya I looked them up but they don't have pictures of the slides so I emailed them asking if they had any

just found out searching the web that Luke Wilson changed his glass making name to Leisure Glass now I have a dilemma go with the original Luke Wilson or B. Wilson

11. The luke bowl will be built better. I have had 2 B wilson's and 1 Luke wilson and the LW is way better

12. Get a carbon filter to keep it clean or a bw or lw screen bowl. I had that same set up but with a orange label, and that slide made it nice and clean for a while

13. Dont buy the Barrel Perc Ashcatcher!!!!

I water tested it in a shop and from what I could see it diffused like crap. Even w/ enough water it bubbled much like a tree perc w/ not enough water in it. Overall very dissapointing.

I would reccomend the tree perc version though, I held it and it is very sturdy and the tree looks well constructed w/ 2 slits each.

Barrel perc=crap

14. no prolly not douche move

15. have that same down stem in my little no name 8 mm thick 10 inch tall bong (shes a thick bitch) i literally couldent get water on my mouth if i tried.
    but about the ash catcher i personally have to say a shower head style would be your best bet. thats just my two cents though, just go to a smoke shop and ask to fill up various ash catchers with water and just dry hit them and see which you like best

16. #16 Gutierrez9832, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    nice sharing......[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]