Should I add Stakes / Support for my grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by funkyfriend12, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Hey wsup everyone! I'm currently growing a super lemon haze clone which has just entered its 3rd week of veg. I just transplanted it into a larger 5 gallon pot filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forest and placed it on a much sunnier side of my property.

I heard that sometimes mj has to supported or it will tumble over. On the other hand, I've heard that over time, outdoor plants adapt to wind, rain, etc and develop a stronger stalk/stem. I was just wondering if I should add stakes for support? If so, should i do it now  rather than later since its small?

thanks in advance!

-JJ

-p.s. below are some pics of clone a few days before i transplanted it

Attached Files:

2. If thats all the bigger your plant is, youll be fine. Once they get to about 2-3 feet, i stake them, just incase there is a freak wind storm. When i stake them, i do not tie them tight. I tie the wire to the stake tight, and make a loop around the plant, atleast 3x the size of the stalk. That way the plant can still move in the wind, but with limited amounts. The wind will actually make your stem stronger, so you need to have the ability to move back and forth. Once your plant starts to flower, thats a different story. Many people support the crap out of their plants, so that the stems dont snap once the plant starts putting on bud weight.

3. ^^^^ what he said