Should I add nitrogen?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Potluck420, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Hey GCC just a quick question. I have a strawberry cake plant that I just put into flower a few days ago and I haven't added any nutes yet. I noticed some leaves starting to yellow so I'm guessing it's time to start. I know cannabis plants don't need a nitrogen supplement during flower but my girl still needs to go through the stretch phase and will be developing more leafy growth which nitrogen is great for. I'm using ff trio so my question is should I add grow big with feedings for the next 2 weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Not gonna say I know a definate answer but from what I've seen online is to use a low N but high in P and K nutes while in flowering to avoid nitrogen toxicity. Just make sure your ph is on point.

3. Thanks drobi. Waiting on my new ph pen to arrive. I've been using a solution to check ph so I'm just getting a ballpark estimate but it seems to be in the right range. I'm gonna add grow big for the next couple weeks and then back off

4. Flowering plants need half dose of nitrogen in the first 3-4 weeks dude..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Just fed her a little while ago and did half strength. Great minds think alike lol thanks bro

• Like Like x 1
  6. First time using molasses too with feedings so I'm curious on how that'll affect it

7. Not much...

8. The effect depends on ur dosage and whether u have large colony of microbes in ur medium?.. 3-5ml/teaspoon of molasses per gallon 2 times a week is a good amount .. takes a few days for the microbes to break down the sugars in molasses into sucrose and dextrose which is what the plant can feed on but in large doses Molasses can suffocate the colony and roots sometimes becoming gunky harming development!.. sometimes less is definitely more! If u work this way u will notice larger yield, fruitier and tastier buds and good trichomes formation.. just stop any molasses at least a week to 10 day before chop and use a flushing agent which has broken down sugars like Flora Kleen ordinal phase/flush which dissolves salts and cleans out chemicals in flush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Idk what's going on now... I fed yesterday and thought I'd see a little improvement but there's more spotting. Is it something that will get a little worse before it gets better?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. I'm going through the same problem dude

11. That sucks bro but I think I figured out my problem. I didn't have any issues till I put my girl into my smaller tent and on that one I had my intake fan pushing through one of the vents on the bottom. That vent was clogged with dust and hair which was blowing air right on my plant... So today I completely disinfected/cleaned that tent and moved the intake fan to the port where it should of been the whole time. I'll post an update soon and hopefully things are better