Should I add CalMag?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yamadeen, Nov 20, 2017.

1. I use my drinking water to feed my plants. Ppm is 0 and ph 6.5. Should I add CalMag every time I water plants?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Maybe not EVERYTIME. But every 2nd time sure.. as it might be low in that water. Or you could wait to see a problem then correct it.

3. Magnesium will be a problem 4 weeks before it shows. I would add every other feeding. If your ppm is 0 you have absolutely nothing in the water.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Every second time is good

or like me foilar spray 1-2 times a week

just for something to do ....lol

good luck

5. If your ppm is truly zero, then I would definitely recommend adding some cal mag. Calcium is very important when growing strong and healthy plants!

6. Will do thank you

7. Lol yea it seems a lot less work then people make it to be so I might try that

• Like Like x 1
  8. I have 0 ppm water as well I add 5ml/g till the end of week 5 in flower. Works like a charm.

• Like Like x 1
  9. After week 5 no more calmag, why?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I added it every 2nd feed in DWC

11. By that point you don’t need to be adding any sort of n to your plants. There’s nitrogen in my calmag so I cut it out. Plus by then the plant should have enough cal and mag stored up to cover till the end. A setiva that runs 12 weeks I’d probably carry it out to week 7.
    I cut out everything about 10-14 days after that except for microbes and sugars.