Should he be charged with 1st degree murder of an officer?

Discussion in 'General' started by mushroomsatsuji, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Did you ever stop and think that humans are the only living beings on this planet that literally think of themselves as #1

We label ourselves as "top dogs"

Well not we, but a majority of people

2. I'm almost beginning to think I'm getting trolled.

And before we go any further, the 2nd part of your post makes no different because in my scenario you choose one or the other. If you could choose both it wouldn't have been much of a hypothetical now would it?

And where did I say animals can't mourn? Most dogs get separated from their family very early in life......obviously if you have another dog it's gonna miss it for a week or two, but I thought that much was clear. It's still not equal to a human being losing a close relative.

And I liked your jab at me in the other post "it's pretty obvious which one you would leave". If I could choose only one yes I would leave the dog. If I could choose both obviously I would save both. Do you think I hate all animals just because I don't place their life on the same level as a humans?

I own two dogs and would do almost anything for them. I have saved my German Shepherd's life more than once. That still doesn't mean it would be right of me to choose my dogs life over a humans.

3. LOL the irony!

4. If a person values the life of an animal more than the life of a human, that's his or her prerogative. I don't see why there's something wrong with that. Most people are pretty shit, after all.

5. Maybe because nothing else on this planet has the capacity to think like we do?

Certain countries eat dogs. Is that wrong? If it is wrong, where do we draw the line? (For the record I would never think about eating a dog)
    The only reason we think about them the way we do is because they are domesticated.

6. Okay everyone, he tortured the dog who wanted nothing but to defend the officer.

When that dog was slowly dying in the car, imagine what he must of felt like? Extreme heat, dehydration, betrayed by his own master.

Why don't you put yourself in that situation? Imagine being a young child, trapped in the backseat of a car, your mother or father walking away, then you slowly and painfully die.

Now if he accidentally shot the dog, then I wouldn't mind a manslaughter charge, but how do you "forget" about leaving a dog in your car? If a civilian were to do that to a police dog, they'd be charged with murder, so should the officer.

In the end, he's going to get away with it cause he's a police officer

and a dog is more intelligent then some of you seem to believe.

7. That fucker deserves a bullet to the face! I hate animal cruelty it makes me sick.

8. #108 mushroomsatsuji, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Sorry, I cant make the detailed response I would like too. I'm on the app now.

Anyway, I'll just sum it up as this. I believe we misinterpreted each other here. I do not put a dogs life above a humans, nor do I put it below it. On the same coin it came off to me that you put no value on their life at all. If they died, no one would care. So no punishment should be dealt.

9. When my dog died my cat laid on him and was very disturbed. How the fuck can someone say they have no feelings?

10. Definitely not the way it was supposed to sound.

I put a very high value on a dogs life. I just don't think it's reasonable to place the same amount of value on every living creatures life. Not everything is on the same plane imo. I value a humans life over a dogs life just as I value a dogs life over a birds life, just as a value a birds life over an insects life etc....

11. Nobody said that.

Read the thread.

12. They sure are, this dog is obviously trying to mimick what the owner is saying.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXo3NFqkaRM]‪Husky Dog Talking - " I love you "‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

13. #113 mushroomsatsuji, Aug 2, 2011
    Back to the point of the thread

Considering the circumstances, what punishment should be appropriate? It's obvious neglect and the dog was state property. Those crimes always carry a heavier sentence, and so far it seems he will get off with less than the punishment if a regular citizen did that to their dog

14. How about you read the thread? Someone said they can't mourn. Is mourning a feeling? Last time i checked it was. Idiot

15. Good question. In all honesty, I don't really know what he should get.

While he most likely didn't do it on purpose, the level of carelessness it takes to leave a dog in a hot car for hours upon end just baffles me.

16. #116 mushroomsatsuji, Aug 2, 2011
    If you read it, no one said that. I brought that point up in response to his point that they have no capacity. I was going to expand on what he meant but I don't like making multiple points on the iPhone app.

17. Direct me to the post that said they "can't mourn" and I will apologize.

Take your time.

EDIT: Nevermind, already taken care of.

18. #118 justyn93, Aug 2, 2011
    My bad, I get really heated when animals are involved

19. [​IMG]

20. We are the only ones to think that way because we are the only ones who CAN think that way.

Not that difficult to comprehend.

(House is a great show btw!)

I'd ask you to respond to my other points (that you clearly skipped over) except we probably shouldn't side track this thread any further.