Should he be charged with 1st degree murder of an officer?

Discussion in 'General' started by mushroomsatsuji, Aug 2, 2011.

1. 30,000$ fine, 2 weeks in a cell, and 13 hours in a sauna would be a reasonable punishment. I mean, it was probably an accident, people make mistakes.

2. I agree with you man :) but think about all of the civilians who have committed honest "accidents" and been jailed, they need to make a example of this guy he should be jailed for up to 5 years.

3. It doesnt matter what I think because he will resign and transfer to another force without any major punishment. Thats how cops work.

4. I used to live on a island where the cops that had been punished and drafted of to there, it was terrible it literaly destroyed me as a young teen they have to stop doing that it's like dumping radiactive wast down a stream you have to take into consideration who lives down that stream.

5. yes. yes yes yes yes yes. :mad:

6. Not all cops are assholes lol none of us know this guy.

You can get a permit to hunt and kill animals. You can get a permit to go fishing and eat the fish you catch. People purposely kill animals all the time.

But when it's a domesticated animal, people are more attached. It was an accident. Why would he kill the dog that helps him find drugs

7. No one's above the law, some kind of action should be taken. Doubt it'll be harsh...

8. That's not the point though, it was his wrong doing that resulted in the poor thing's death he should be punished and prison is a good idea

9. Then that should be the same punishment for people who leave their kids in the car.

10. He was directly responsible for the death of a Government Service Animal who's training cost in excess of $25,000. Technically he killed his partner who is by all means a Police Officer.

11. Yeh there both living things, also drug dogs are as inteligent as a little child so it's almost the same thing.

12. You can't accidentally murder someone. If we're applying human laws to animals, he should get involuntary manslaughter.

13. If I accidentally killed a K9 I would either be:

A: Shot on the spot.

B: Go to prison for murder.

14. i was just thinking this too.

15. How would you accidentily kill a k9 if you are not an officer that would get you a murder sentence?

16. The same if not worse thing should apply to him as well.

17. Not murder, but maybe negligent homicide.

18. No murder, if a civilian accidentally ran over a Police dog them they would be arrested for murder he accidentally killed the animal cops are no different they are supposed to enforce the law so if anything he should get harsher punishments we cant forget that !

19. How would he get a murder sentence if it was accidental?

There is no "accidental" killing of a police officer

20. No, he wouldn't. Murder is not accidental, no matter who's killed or who did it.