Should dueling be legal?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hoboleader, Jan 16, 2012.

1. by dueling i mean, 2 adults give consent to have a fight to the death. sure there could be rules like a 5 day waiting period, or no filming it aloud, no money can be made off it etc. but I mean the general idea of dueling. You would agree to certain rules, swordfight, gunfight in the forest or desert, etc etc.

"what can i do for you 2 today"

---"we would like to schedule a duel for next tuesday."---

"do you have your own weapons or would you like to rent some?"

---"Just 2 grenades, and 2 pistols with only 1 shot. were civilized, one shot each is fair."---

2. Yeah but guns are too quick I'd prefer fist fight or bronze knuckle till death or something. Weed out all the pussies in the white house for sure.

3. Not to the death at least.

4. :laughing: @ grenades

5. There's no point if it isn't til death. That's why it's dueling! ;)

6. Great idea, it'd certainly help with population control. 7 billion people is just too many, time to chlorinate the gene pool!

7. Yes but it should be like the old days. Dueling pistols one shot. You have the option of firing your shot in the air that type of thing. Old School rules. Not just two men beating each other to death. I don't know about you but honor or not if one of my friends was getting beaten to death I would jump in, then the other guys would jump in and it would just turn into a big bloody mess. So no, I think a fist fight to the death would be unworkable and should remain illegal.

8. how bout we just hold politician accountable for any and all treason they have committed?
    then no need to duel and there's thousands of treasonous bastard hangin by the neck:)

on a more relevant to the thread note:
    that's a damn good question i really can't answer taht without much thought because its not something i normally think of on the daily... be back when i done some thinkin on it:)

9. Oh I thought we were talking just political people. I might decline a duel to be honest.

10. we would just need to construct arena's in public places like malls, ski resorts, etc.

[​IMG]

11. [quote name='"Tripace"']

There's no point if it isn't til death. That's why it's dueling! ;)[/quote]

Not if they can lose with respect. There is not a single reason why anyone should die if both can accept a loss.

12. hell i decline fights cause i see no point to them a majority of the time, haven't found a legit reason to be in a real fight since the second grade before i learned what a legit reason was lol

13. So long as I'm allowed to turn and shoot before I'm meant to.

14. Another reason why is should only be dueling pistols is because they should a little musket ball that has less of a chance to kill with modern medicine and they were pretty damn inaccurate. If we just gave to duelists glocks with a fulll clip they are probably both going to die most of the time which is lame. Nobody is going to want to duel if most of the time both people get killed.

Although really i was high when I had answered the question the first time and I really don't think dueling should be legal. Because even if it were legal all the civil lawsuits it would spawn would not be worth it.

15. We should also replace all Boards of Pardons with Rancor pits.

16. Also lightsaber duels are a must! Thats how the Founding Fathers did it, I read it in a Tom Woods boot somewhere I believe.

[​IMG]

17. Back in the day you didn't have to dual someone if they wanted to dual you. You could just walk away and be be labeled a coward. The only reason you would get kill is because of your pride which cometh before the fall.

18. [quote name='"aaronman"']We should also replace all Boards of Pardons with Rancor pits.[/quote]

Hmmm I didn't realize greenburg was a Jedi name

19. Ultimate katana battle!

or

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsCBToEUm_g[/ame]

20. This is about self-ownership again. It's the same argument for drug use.

If you own your body no one can tell you what you can voluntarily do with it. If two people voluntarily agree to combat one another to the death they are well within their natural rights.