Should Celebrities talk about Politics?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Jane_Bellamont, Oct 26, 2016.

1. I was just watching this video of Lady Gaga being interviewed and asked about Trump .. lol

I feel fucking sorry for her, to be honest. The interviewer is such a jackass. It's like having a gun pointed at you. Say the wrong thing.. and half of your fans will stop listening to your music.

Now that I think about it, this is all the more reason why Politics is so toxic, and a waste of energy. Plus, people are so butthurt and sensitive these days.. that goes for any political group, really. It's not like voting has ever changed a thing to begin with. In fact, simply creating Art is more revolutionary than voting.

All in all.. I don't even give a fuck whether Mike Tyson or Clint Eastwood endorse Trump, or whether George Clooney likes Hillary.. who gives a shit. It's all entertainment to me, anyways. Also, just because they're celebrities doesn't mean they don't take a shit.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sure, they can talk all they want but dont expect me to give a shit about what they say.

If they happen to say something insightful or intelligent, more power to them.

• Like Like x 7
  3. I just think it's sad how people go all dramatic and swear to themselves that they'll never watch X's movies again, or never listen to X's music again, or yada yada.

Then again, maybe these celebrities are doing themselves a favor by talking about politics and alienating fans. People need to grow a backbone. I wouldn't want my fans to be a bunch of pussies.

4. They have freedom of speech so why not?

• Like Like x 5
  5. Pretty sure you are trying to be an internet celeb at the least and all you talk is politics lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. I find politics entertaining though. I'm not 'picking a tribe'

7. Don't sleep on Morgan Freeman

Thinks like he acts

Well

8. Really?

I dont doubt it, and i am a fan of his acting.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I only care about the actors character they play in the movies/tv shows etc. I could honestly care less about what they personally think about any subject. So because these people are popular and rich we all need to care? A rich jackass is just the same as a poor jackass imo.
    Now for musicians it's a little different, well for the ones that actually write their own lyrics anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. Most of them are braindead, so if their opinion is enough to influence somebody, then he/she is just as stupid as the celebrity, actually even more. Most of these celebrities don't even know what they're talking about, just the fact "oh, Trump is bad, don't vote for him".

Very few celebrities nowadays are intelligent. Madonna said in a video, that she'd suck anyone off, if they vote for Hillary, how "insightful" and "noble" of her. What a degenerate.

11. Then again, it doesn't take much intelligence to see that Trump is far from worthy.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 5
  12. Should anonymous posters on weed forums NOT talk about politics?

All in all.. I don't even give a fuck whether Mike Tyson or Clint Eastwood endorse Trump, or whether George Clooney likes Hillary.. who gives a shit.

So why did you start this thread?

13. For me it's not what they say, it's how they get so smug and self righteous while they put everyone down that disagrees with them that turns me off. If they give their opinion and respect yours it would be different. Speaking of smug, how about the way that Obama takes smirking to the next level and you can tell it's a forced smirk. I can't stand watching that guy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Listening to Obama is worse. I never could understand why people thought he was such a gifted, charismatic speaker.

I understand that it is psychologically hypnotizing/manipulative but it never came across or effected me. His phrasing/timing, pauses, inflections and tone is horrendous and offputting to me. Id rather listen to the dull Sam Harris, at least his words are substantial and not rhetorical.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yes. Ultimately the only thing that it does is damages their reputation. Just people being people, NO RESTRICTIONS!

16. Whole things a joke. Vote yes on 4. Only way the public can ease the pain living in a joke of a country.

I don't care about any celebrities stand point on the matter, they have a freedom of speech.

17. Everyone should have a voice, but I think people should take celebrities opinions with a grain of salt like anyone else's. One person's success in one market that has nothing to do with politics, shouldn't make them some viable avatar for the common man. Every time Kanye West and the black elites speak up for the black community on an issue that deserves an educated African American who knows their shit, it drives me fucking wild.

• Like Like x 5
  18. George Bush doesn't care about black people.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Neither do black people.

• Like Like x 2