Should be easy diagnosis? Very detailed Info on plants......plants tips dieing taco

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cody8892000, Feb 12, 2009.

1. PLEASE READ WHOLE THING ITS REALLY NOT THAT MUCH :D

I have 5 plants 2 lemon diesels 3 decent light green
    the room is 6ft tall 4ftx4ft
    the light is four 4ft t8 32watt bulbs (2 light fixtures boarded together sloped on the side to direct light to the center like this) /\\\\\\
    """"""""
    """""""""""
    temps usually 78 (space heater)(its outdoors)
    plant are between 4 and 8in. from light (trying variations of node spacing (some tall some short n bushy))
    started all in moisture control MG and transplanted 2 regular plants to 5 gallon buckets with miracle grow garden soil (trying different soil to fix the problem and might be working)(maybe)
    not a very sealed box but made with plywood and 2x4's very stirdy but has lost of air gaps
    no fertilizers yet their already about 1ft-1.5ft tall im just afraid to burn them because of MG time realease
    PLANT PROBLEM---------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the tips of the leaves started turning brown kinda light at first then just turned straight to dead leaves and very brittle like a dead leaf but only the outside edge
    then it would start to get worse and would get down to half the leaf and i would just crumple the dead material off
    the leaves started coning up and the tips were just dieing
    one of the regular plants actually died...it lost whole leaves now its just a stem with a little bit of leaf material and the new leaves are actually dark dark purple but their tiny and shriveled up
    the two regular plants that i put in the MG garden soil looks pretty good they only got the browning on like 2-4 fan leaves and all the new leaves coming out are looking perfect but i dont know if its going to still get worse or what.......
    the 2 lemon diesels just lost the 2 leaves that first come out (not the seedleaves actual leaves) but their doing fine in dixie cups about 6in. tall half MG garden soil and half moisture control

#1 Suspect___________________________________________ _________________
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    My tap water has pH of 8.0 and in order to lower and test it i use pool chemicals.....
    i put high strength pool pH DOWN and put about 6 crystals (looks like salt) in a 5 gallon bucket and that will usually take it to about 6.5 and ive been usuing this water to water my plants with
    #2 Suspect___________________________________________ ____________________
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Is Miracle Grow really that shitty i mean damn.......

2. I dont know much about ph issues so let someone else deal with that
    Yes it miracle grow or any pre fert soil that bad my first I had leaves dieing and curling pretty much whole time. Switch to diffrent soil asap. Also that isnt a whole lot of light for flowering prolly gonna need some more.

3. I dont know much about the pool shit but it might be kinda strong. but youd think if the ph is good then the ph is good. hell i dont know, id get some actual ph down for a hydro set up ust to be sure that its somethong you can feed your ladies. maybe that pool shit is bad for your girls.
    as for the miracle grow, i dont use it personaly but ive seen grows done with it and they seem fine to me. some people sware by the stuff. i guess its your own perogative. so the only thing left is maybe the time release part of the deal. ive never heard anything good about time release ferts. always some sort of burning. the shit is bad, is the point im trying to make here. no fucking time release shit people! stop using it. flush and do whatever you can to get ride of the shit.
    good luck............

4. im not flowering inside im veggin all winter then putting outside in spring

5. I would be wondering about the ph down you are using. But yes, MG soil does suck that hard. See its got these nute balls inside that pop every once in a while giving a lot of nutes all at once. nute burn is very very common with MG soil. Most people on here I see using it end up repotting into something else after a month or two when those nute sacs start relaeasing their stuff. Another thing is that MG is notorious for putting their stuff in all of their product. I was looking at a bag of MG perlite, and it even had been trated with nutes!

6. well ive came to the conclusion theres just no good soil around where i lives except like an hour away at a tree nursery so i guess im just going to mix my own soil....whats the best mixes you know of i just plan on like 1/3perlite 1/3 peat and 1/3 topsoil?

7. Ya that'd prolly work out alright. I am of the philosophy that pretty much any soil will do as long as it doesn't have nutes already in it like MG. I figure if hydro can work and people supply the plants with what they need succesfully (which a lot of people on GC do) then about any soil medium will work too. The most important factors are that air can get to root system (which you've taken care of perlite) and that it doesn't retain moisture too much (again perlite). What you got going on should be fine.