Should an individual be able to do whatever they want?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by mushroomsatsuji, May 4, 2007.

1. Should an individual be able to do what they want as long as it is in the privacy of their own home, and they are not interfering with the rights of others?

I think that will severely reduce the crime rate. As long as they dont put others in harm, why should people be limited to what they do?

Thoughts?

2. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    I see 2 options. apply penalties for the actions of others with disregard to their intent, from irational fear or any other source, or recognize that it isn't possible that I am the best that ever was or is and hold my measure of another until I find it to be relevant to me or my responsibilities. peace

3. Well whenever someone does whatever they want some people will always do the stuff that causes them to come out of their homes usually and do dumb shit. No way of avoiding that. It's easier to just ban certain things from everyone. Also if you had a lax law system, people are going to become more lax with moral behavior over time.

4. (kinda wished I lived BACK then....wait would I know about MJ? oh shit! damn it!!:rolleyes:)

yeah IT WOULD BE NICE...but then would it be nice for somebody to just do whatever they felt like doing to you? possibly negative? mj minded ppl jUsT hAtE cOpS bc we are "breaking the law?"

cops are in realization really good.. . ...to a point, yes they have the "power" to "technically" "abuse" their position of "power", understand tho, it may get to their head, their problems, can be "fused" with their work...

so who are you going to call when somebody takes your kid, and rapes/kills/kidnaps???

huh? hopefully not the cops!! *gasps* they'll blow my high/take my weed!!:smoking:

:confused:dude i just forgot..-end

:edit:...oh lol