Should all drugs be legalized?

Discussion in 'General' started by bkadoctaj, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Welcome... come one come all! :D Please post reasons for your answer. :)

2. Yes, all drugs should be legalized.

This would lower the amount of marijuana dealers by alot.
    Among other drugs, like opiates.
    This could also lead to less pharmaceutical abuse.

After a while, and after seeing what the addicts of the harder or more dangerous drugs are like, and have had happen to them, kids won't want to do drugs I'm sure.

Bullshit proganda commercials don't do SHIT, show little Billy a meth makeover, that'll show/teach him alot more than any commercial could, ever.

Peace

Edit: another point, open up room in prisons.

Also will save money, we can use all the help we can get at this point to get out of this deficit.

3. i vote everything should be legalized...but then again im an anarchist sooo....

4. I think there are drugs that shouldn't be legalized, like crack and meth. Meaning, they should not be legal to licensed distributors.

All drugs should be decriminalized though, because drug abuse is a social/medical problem, not criminal.

5. Its not my job to tell other people what they can do to their own bodies. Legalize everything.

6. thats a rather silly ism to believe in dont you agree?

there is no such thing as anarchy.

it can not exist.

its like promoting perpetual motion, it doesnt exist.

but yes, either all drugs should be regulated ,

or no drug should be legal -- including alcohol, caffiene, tobacco, aspirin, etc.

7. In other words, it's pretty much a black-and-white, all-or-nothing issue?

8. i dont think the goverment should be allowed to tell people what to do with there own bodies.... its like they own us...

i can understand... crack, meth and any other super hard drug like that...cuase peoples lives get ruined from those type drugs... and making them illegal is actually the best thing.. and anybody who disagrees is just stupid...

but weed, pills, and other less harmful drugs should be legal..

9. But IDK if im the only other person that thinks this way, but imagine if marijuana for instance was legalized. Could you see big business's adding in seperate products to make it addicting sorta how tobacco worked out? It would solve alot of problems but it would cause some too, its like a 50-50. You just have to think, with every action there is a consequence, into regarding if its good or bad.

10. Yeah... perhaps, but nicotine is considered by most experts to be more addictive by itself than heroin. Not to mention toxic.

11. Well its just an idea. But you'd have to imagine the good and bad outcomes of it. But hell yeah I'd love to just walk anywhere with a blunt in hand smoking and the prices would be so much cheaper.

12. Isn't that kind of hypocritical to say no one should be allowed to regulate what someone puts in their body and then say crack and meth should be?

Either you think the government has no right to say what you do with your body or not.

13. i dont get you sometime scooby. do you think i would agree? NO. NO i dont agree even a little bit. i dont believe any individual has power over another, aside from physical power. and it cannot exist why again? because its never been successfully done or because you say so?

14. It would never fly, it's too easy to grow and competitive spirit will work towards the most organic, natural buds.

15. Well then scratch my first idea.

Legalize It!

16. Because humans are social beings, anarchy has never been successfully achieved. We always need something to protect our basic rights in a society.

History has never proven anarchy, what makes you think it could work?

Unless, of course, you are talking about post-apocalyptic anarchy... like Waterworld... but it's still only temporary, eventually they will populate Everest and create law.
    :smoke:

17. i find that human nature is such that anarchy can never exist.

this was established by ancient greek philosophy,

and again by empiricists such as locke and hume.

once you remove the regulations controlling society,

those citizens who have no qualms about fucking people over immediately become the ruling class.

anarchy just can not exist.

18. Damn... I wonder how many people would become instant converts to pro-legalization if a president just gave a fireside chat on the positive/negative aspects of the current drug prohibition system.

19. Show me a true democracy that works :)

20. scooby: ah, but then again you were born into a controlled society, how could you think differently?
    sorry but what does established by greek philosophers mean? that because they were greek and philosopher we should listen to each and every 3,000 year old thought they had? im greek and a philosopher, why not listen to me?

aaron man: im not seeing the correlation between anarchy and humans being social beings.

EDIT: anyone read that greek philosophers works on anarchy....oh yeah he had a name...plato.(platonic anarchy)

EDIT2: why does everyone believe there are soo many bad people out there? alot of people do bad things just to get by, in this controlled society....its control that pushes rebellion.