Should ALL drugs Be Legalized? & IS This a Site For Weed ONLY? I Thought it Was!

Discussion in 'General' started by The Big C, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Hi All

You do what you do, right?

But I ask myself Why you want to take coke or tablets etc...is beyond me. In Ireland almost every smoker now is doing coke (its "THE In Thing") & the gangs are for the first time into it and they shooting each other every MF day!!

A poor kid of 17 was doing a job a few weeks ago in a house (he was a plummer). His boss left to get parts, while he was gone a knock came to the door. This poor kid opened the door & was shot dead because he was a witness to the crew that came to kill the guy upstairs in bed! Sorry but, FUCKIN MUDERING SCUM! Kid only started the job a few weeks before!

It is Really becoming like the US with gang crime. People are way more violent now then ever before.

Yesterday in Limerick, there was a hitman in a car waiting for this guy on a motor bike who was going to court. They had a high speed chase through the city. The guy on the bike was shot 6 times in the back. A poster was put all over the city a few hours later by the gang that shot him joking about it!! All for drugs AKA Coke & Heroine & the huge profits involved. For example (because weed has only been in Ireland in the last year or so it is about €400-500 = $546, for an Ounce!! I know, you dont have to say anything!) A JOKE!!

So my questions are:

What can we ALL do, No matter where we live, to get all drugs at least, decriminalised & stop this World Wide slaughter?

On a personal Note:
    How Can This Be a Weed Forum With People that post about so many other drugs? (Because it really fucking pisses me off, because I have so many friends dead from heroine & given it all that because of coke. They All think they fucking gansters!) :mad: IDIOTS!

Do you find people aggressive/more aggresive when they taking other shit. Especially Coke?

Thanks All

PS Sorry for the rant but its been dying to get out for ages!!

2. *finishes shooting up*

sorry what were you saying..:rolleyes:

3. Hey bro. Id say those are some good questions.

As for my opinions...

When it comes to legalization, its all or nothing. That includes alcohol and tobacco, all or nothing. Either the government regulates what we put into our bodies that affects our minds as well, across the board, or they dont. My obvious choice is legalization of everything.

This is a weed forum, but you come into general, its a pretty good place to talk about other things. Seeing as general is general chat about lives, and a lot of people's lives here involve drugs. So I wouldnt worry about that. Personally I dont indulge in anything besides weed, booze, and some psycedelics, and stay away from the coke and all that, but I strongly believe in the freedom of choice, especially pertaining to our own bodies and minds, so I try not to hate on people who have made that decision.

Also, I dont really hang around people who do coke. I can say people get less gressive than their normal selves on weed though, and more agressive on booze. I am sure it is a safe assumption that coke makes people more amped, and agressive.

On a side note, I am studying abroad in England next year, and since I am going with a good Irish friend of mine we are thinking of swinging by your country. Would it be worth our while to go party there?

4. Sorry dude, but if you disagree, get out. The discussion of other drugs isn't covered against the rules, and will happen. Some marijuana users use other drugs.

Used responsibly, no drug causes agression, at least agression which is carried out and such. I'm sorry Ireland's turning in to the United States. Move?

Maybe just live your life and stop bitching? People have the right to do what they will with their bodies.

5. I don't see any bitching in this topic besides you. Hes just asking some things, not even pointed questions. You need to stop your unwarrented drug agression :smoke:

6. God, I know. It's just this god damn coke!

Seriously though, my post got out of hand. My apologies to OP and everyone else.

(Edit, reading his post again, he is kind of bitching. Maybe it's just how I'm reading it.)

If you're not interested in the discussion of other drugs, stick out of general. If you're interested in Weed ONLY, hit the Rec Use section.

:)

7. Thanks Fractal for your educated reply!

But chipcago, nothing is so black & white. to quote you:

Sorry dude, but if you disagree, get out. Get Out? Where do I go? So I cant disagree?

I'm sorry Ireland's turning in to the United States. Move? Should I have to for expressing my opinion?

Maybe just live your life and stop bitching? Stop saying what I think because someone thinks it bitching? Just sit back & watch all my best friends kill themselves, without saying a word, when they all started smoking with me way back when & went onto junk?

Sorry but, Get a grip bud!

8. ... Do junk with them?

Nah, now I'm just being a smartass.

The discussion of drugs which are not marijuana, hash, or any other form of recreational THC is restricted to the General section of Grasscity. If you're in the mood for "only weed" discussion, Check out Rec Use or Seasoned Tokers. :)

The way I see it, a large, overwhelming population of people disagree with the use of recreational marijuana. Who is any marijuana user to say that drugs which are commonly considered "harder," are wrong to use recreationally? People who disagree with marijuana use do not see from our point of view. Likewise, I would assume people who disagree with the use of cocaine or heroin do not see from the point of view of a cocaine or heroin user. I understand that there are drugs which are more dangerous or addictive than marijuana, but is it right to so strongly act against the use of drugs which are "harder?" Where is the line drawn?

My apologies if I offended you, dude. We don't see eye to eye, and I don't want to disrespect anyone further, I'll get outta the way. Peace.

9. It's pretty hypocritical to bash drug users.

10. It would've been better had the drugs never been illegal in the first place, but at this point I really don't think you can go from firmly being entrenched in the drug war to outright legalization of all drugs. There are far too many stupid ass people on this planet to give them unfettered access to highly addictive drugs. It would eventually level out to a reasonable number of hard drug users, but there would definitely be a gradual spike in addiction those first few years, before the general public learns first hand what drug addiction can do. "If it was bad, it'd still be illegal."

11. Hey, chipcago dont go any where bud!

Eye to eye, bullshit. Freedom of speech & all that!!

Peace Right Back Bud!

Sorry chipcago, buried my BEST of BEST friends few months ago. The clown (he wont mind me saying that) died in pure fucking agony (well he went into a coma few hours b4 he died) The man died age 34!!

A waste, whatever way you see it, Agreed?

PS NO Offence Taken!

12. just because people do other drugs besides weed doesn't necessarily mean they throw their whole life away on it. i fucking love drugs. alcohol, weed, nicotine, cocaine, alprozalam, hydrocodone, dxm, klonopin... love em. i'm also top 10% in my class and got straight A's in the last grading session.

people who buy weed usually end up getting involved with people who sell other drugs, so it's only natural to see these kinds of posts on GC. psychoactives are psychoactives, and anything can be used responsibly. you shouldn't get pissed off at those who run the gamut of them.

13. I agree with legalization of all drugs. It's already been said numerous times, but the government has no place in telling us what we can and can't put in our bodies. Putting a drug in your body is an individual choice only you should be allowed to make for yourself, and should you choose to indulge, you have no one to blame but yourself if you lose control.

My condolences go to anyone who has lost someone they love to drugs, but having drugs illegal is clearly not doing anything to prevent that. If anything, it makes the situation worse in a variety of ways.

Personally, I don't understand how anyone could want the government to restrict what substances they are allowed to indulge in. It's just not right.

I almost forgot to add:
    As for the posts about other drugs in the forum? I'm sorry, but you just gotta get over it, man. Any drug is just a substance, like alcohol, or nicotine, or pepsi. Nobody is trying to get people to stop posting about alcohol because someone they love got killed by a drunk driver, or to stop talking about cigarettes, because someone they love got lung cancer. It wasn't the drug that killed your friends, it was the abuse of it.

14. Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

15. Right on, ma'am. I generally relate the restriction of drug use, to the phrase, "you tell a kid no, and all they hear is yes." I like to relate it to alcohol consumption laws in the United States versus alcohol consumption laws in European countries like Germany. I've spoken to German students and stuff, and you can tell the desire to binge drink is just not there. These kids like to sit down and have a few beers and have fun with their friends, but they certainly aren't drinking just to get drunk. In the United States, however, the laws on alcohol consumption are so strict that younger people have a much greater "drink to get drunk" attitude with binge drinking. You won't find many younger Americans (under 21) sitting down with a glass of red with dinner.

Speaking of Pepsi, I'm enjoying a can right now :D

16. if drugs were made legal, then what if the gangs just found something else to illegally traffic? i mean, they need to make their profit somewhere....right?

17. Thanks guys 2 good arguments but bert_mcgirt, I am old time smoker. When weed came to Ireland I was ESTATIC!! It meant no more smoking shit dirty hash (soapbar etc...)

But the other drugs you mentioned (No disrespect meant) is drug taking just to take drugs.

Weed is weed bud! No one can argue with that!

THAT is why I ask Is this a weed forum or a drug forum?

For me it dirties weed to be associated with chemicals!

PS I am a man that smokes the chalice around the clock, on the dot!! (Black Uhuru!)

18. I, for one, would be too fucked up to care.

19. i, for one, would be on AT LEAST a week long mescaline binge, but really...what would the gang-bangers do? get a job with their little education? i doubt theyd all be going to suddenly work at mcdonald's