Should adults watch cartoons?

Discussion in 'General' started by suicidebonger, Jan 27, 2014.

1. I'm old. I love watching cartoons with my kids. They love Peter griffin and Homer Simpson

2. I love cartoons. I think they, like everything else in life, have their place. I can watch an episode of the Rugrats, then American Dad, then Breaking Bad, then Casual. Cartoons aren't really a determining factor for maturity/well adjustedness, imo.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  3. I think it was part of something called kablam!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. I agree, the more you watch them the more you get the underlying adult humor. Especially with a show like the Simpsons, you really start to admire the writers and how clever they are/were. When your little, you laugh about the slap comedy/farts/vulgarity type of comedy but as you get older you realize how much can be said with so little.

• Like Like x 2
  5. nothing like American Dad,or Family Guy ,,,,and another one thats a kiids cartoon ,Foghorn Leghorn ...mac,

• Like Like x 2
  6. I have uncensored American Dad & Family Guy dvd's. Funny stuff. I still like the old Merrie Melodies toons.

Hitting the bong helps a lot.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I don't watch children's shows. But I enjoy the level of freedom animation brings to writing a show. That's why Futurama is so great.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Idk I'm 19 I still watch Nickelodeon

• Like Like x 2
  9. and you'll still be watching them when your 69 lol,,,theres no law saying elder stoners cant watch cartoons ,,mac

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nobody fucks with my Simpsons, King of the hill, boondocks, futurama, South Park, recess, and family guy!!!!

11. Those are two of my favorites. I love watching courage the cowardly dog when my brain is on a 'trip' ;) it is pretty awesome ha ha.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ctfu. some of those ones were pretty messed up for a kid show tho!

13. I like adult animated cartoons, but I wouldn't watch any of that kid's stuff anymore since I was a kid... My favorite cartoons are Rick and Morty, Archer, Futurama was good, ATHF is good... American Dad is decent, I'm sure I'm forgetting some though. Ren & Stimpy was a good kid cartoon IMO.

14. I wouldn't consider "South Park" to be a cartoon even though it's animated, it's still one of my favorites despite a bit of quality suffering IMO within the last few years, though the last season I thought was pretty good though.

15. How is it not a cartoon?

16. Because it isn't drawn. Like how stop motion animations aren't cartoons either.

17. Aye I know it's with the construction paper but to me it's still a cartoon

18. Around gumby territory is where I draw the line lol

• Like Like x 1