Shortness of breath after big hit?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jtaylorgang, Jan 2, 2015.

1. #1 jtaylorgang, Jan 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    So I loaded a half gram bowl to the top out if my bong and cleared it in one hit. It was so think and intense tears instantly rolled down my face and I was coughing.

For the past two days it feels like I'm
    Not getting as much air as I usually do and my chest feels tight. I'm a rapper and when I'm spitting my flows I'm running out of breath way faster than usual.

Is this aftermath from taking a massive hit like that and will it go away? I have a performance in 8 days I'm worried about not doing as well now!

NOTE: I've been smoking everyday for 3 years until last week. I took a break for two days for the first time and this hit was one of the first hits in two days

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Try.. Spitting flows a bit slower?

3. OP, you might trying doing some running/jogging to work out the breathing rhythm.

4. It's not really the speed that makes me run out of breath, it's the style of delivery. I go really aggressive and it takes a lot of air.

My friend just told me it's because I quit smoking and my lungs are not used to it. He said the same thing happens to him when he tries to quit cigarettes. Sound about right?

5. Yeah, your friend is right. Quitting anything cold turkey like that is gonna screw somethin up. Maybe try smaller hits and inhale more air in the same drag

6. Yeah bro you'll be fine in a day or so just make sure you drink water and that you can get a lot of fresh air and just don't smoke until you get feeling normal again, but the fresh air should help you out.

7. lol