Shortest SOG possible

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Mr. Dan, Jan 28, 2010.

1. I've got my dresser gutted for the stealth grow, and if I go by what my HPS light's owners manual says, I will only have about 19 inches to grow up. I've got a 150w Sunsystem.

Is this going to be enough space?
    Whats the shortest SOG you have seen?

2. In this 19 inches are you adding in the height of your planter/pot? If you did than you might have even less than that. You could definitely keep it under 19 inches.

I would say stick with an Indica strain or go with clones so that you can flower them earlier without too much vertical growth.

You could also look into SCROG which is a great method for spaces without much vertical height.

I also wouldn't be surprised if you could get away with putting your light a little closer then that. I've seen a chart on here before calling out optimal distances for HPS, and i thought you could run them a lot closer than that.

3. Yeah I thought those specs where a little high in the owners manual,escpecially with only 150w. This is my first HID light so I don't really know what's gonna happen yet.

I'll have to check the newbie thread for what SCROG means lol...

4. Sounds like you got just the right amount of space. I would recommend playing with the light heights. It will all work itself out. Observation is really the only way to success.

5. Very good. Thanks.

6. with a SCROG you use a screen to train the plant under. This keeps all of the colas roughly the same size rather than one main cola and a bunch of little popcorn buds on the rest of the plant. it stands for SCreen Of Green.