Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Shorted 2 grams on a half... should i say anything?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by iTokeat420, Jan 8, 2009.

1. I got my scale today, and I bought a half a couple days ago. I haven't touched it at all. I weighed it on my scale today (and I made sure the scale was working), and it says 12.38. It should be 14 grams.

What should I say to my dealer?

2. #2 Volcano South, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009
    "Hey man, I had to slice that out to a buddy. It was a G and a half short. Hit me with 15.5 this time."

Seriously, if he's got 12.38g he's got 14g. Just point it out, and make it sound like he didn't do it on purpose. Make it sound like an accident, who knows? Maybe something blew up outside while he was weighing your bag and he got distracted. Doubt it, but give him one more chance.

If he does it again, call his ass on it and end with "You'll never get my money again."

I was actually getting shorted about 2g on every 28g ounce of mids about 3 years ago. I told the guy his scales must be off and he apologized and it's NEVER happened again. I still deal with this dude maybe 1-2 times a month.

3. If they shorted you 25 bucks at the grocery store wouldn't you say something?

Bring your scale with you next time you buy, and if/when your half is short again, say something.

4. If the bud was a lil wet it could of dryed out a lil bit and lost weight, but i would talk to the dealer about it if i were u cause a half eighth is a lot to me if u bought a half.

5. If it's some dirty $30 a half regs, I wouldn't say anything. Not worth the trouble. Since I don't buy/smoke that stuff my stuff is more like $80-225 a half. That's where it becomes >$5 a gram.

6. yea i was thinking the same thing...if youve let the bud dry out a bit than it could def show up short alot of dealers humidify bud to get a little extra weight.

7. if it was some dank id say something, if it was regs though fuck it

8. I payed 85 for it.

9. I wouldn't say anything this time. Why? He wasn't there when you weighed it out. He'll have to trust that it's both short and that you didn't just pocket some. Is it really worth it (risking your dealer thinking you are trying to rip him) for a measly 2 grams?

Just start bringing your scale with you to avoid this situation in the future.

10. I think I should add I measured it while it was in the bag too.

11. the dealer knows how much he gave you.

12. say something. you bought a certain amount and you didn't get what you paid for.

13. Say something. Could be an accident or it could be on purpose. If you don't say anything and he did it on purpose hes going to think he can get away with it.

Or you could casualy bring up that you own a scale. I did that to one guy who was beating me and the next bag was a 18g half o and the rest were 14 from then on out.

14. yes you should say something, and just say what happened.

"hey, i just dropped that bag you sold me on a digi, and its only 12 grams, and i didnt smoke out of it or anything. can you hit me with 2 more grams?"
    and see what he says. he should jus be like

"oh shit really? sorry man, def, jus roll over to my crib"

if you ever get shorted, stand up for yourself and get what you paid for. if hes a dick and refuses to reimburse you, dont buy from him again.

15. Then you got shorted either an extra 1.0 or 1.4 grams.

There's two types of sandwich bags. Some are VERY clear and weigh 1.0 and some are not so clear (and make noise when you ruffle them) and they weigh 1.4g

16. it depends out who it is. if you are going to get hurt then just find a new dealer

17. TELL THAT ***** U WANT A CHIKEN SANDWHICH AND SOME WAFFLE FRIES!

nah just tell em look i threw it on the scale n it was short, n be like next time just hook it up.

18. just don't be a douche. tell him it's all good, but that he's gotta fix it.

19. i had a similar thing happen to me. it was with some good shit too. now the guy just ignores my texts and phone calls. fuck i hate fuckers like that

20. Yeah man your dude definetly shorted your bag. This is what i would do, be confident and dont seem like its questionable thing. Hit him up and be like "yo man i weighed your shit out last time and it was short 2.5, ill throw you 10 and hook me up with a 1/8" If you tell him how much EXACTLY short it was then that will assure it, because i doubt he weighed that half with blindfolds on.