Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Short term memory loss or normal aging?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by mjmama25, Aug 2, 2011.

1. I actually noticed the same thing. If it was limited to when I was stoned, I would've shrugged it off. But recently, I felt that my short-term memory seemed to be getting worse. Being a science student and all, I have read a couple of scholarly articles and reviews regarding the cannabis and memory and it turns out...we aren't sure yet.

I know that cannabis positively improves/prevents Alzheimer's, however that doesn't necessarily mean it could be directly linked to people without Alzheimer's as well. I tried to focus my research on just healthy people and regular use specifically targeting memory and the answer I got wasn't satisfactory like I mentioned above.

Anecdotally, I would say it does impair your short-term memory even when you are sober. However, the problem could be psychological because we believe it to affect our memory or we may even have the tendency to blame our carelessness on weed. So until the time comes when we know its effect for sure, I'm just gonna light another one...and another...and another...