Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Short Term Marijuana Tolerance

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by StonyMcHighGuy, Oct 5, 2014.

1. #1 StonyMcHighGuy, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    So I have been recently looking looking all over for information about cannabis tolerance, down regulation, and tolerance breaks, and I have come across a few basic questions that I don't think have a real answer to them. I have been smoking regularly for the past two years and the longest tolerance break I have taken in that time was 5 weeks long. Oddly, while that break did give me the closest feeling to my first high again, week long breaks could get me close to the same feeling as well. I know that tolerance decreases exponentially, so that experience makes sense, but even a week for me is a long time to go without weed, and the longest breaks I usually take last about 12-16 hours :smoking:. I feel like so many people whimsically recommend 2-3 weeks to so many people for tolerance breaks and have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. No one really talks about these short term tolerance breaks!!

Another thing I have noticed is that the sheer mass of the weed you smoke seems to truly affect the way your tolerance builds up, no matter the method of smoking. I find that because a vaporizer uses less weed to get me to the same high, my tolerance builds up slower if I am smoking or vaping more than 3 or 4 times a day.

how much do you you smoke in your sessions knowing that you are consistently smoking throughout the day? I find that if I smoke too much I get burnt out and cant get high anymore, and the weed smoked after the first initial high seems wasted. This I feel sets my tolerance though the roof. If I smoke a smaller amount and continue to build on that throughout the day, will I be able to stay more high throughout the day and lower my tolerance?

2. I think in order to feel 'high' one must come down (eventually). :confused_2:

3. #3 jayfoxpox, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    Ingesting enough to feel the effects whether it's low or high is likely going to lead to down regulation. Now if  you were to spread half a gram through out the day vs having one big session,  I don't know if there would be any reason to believe that there would be a difference in the down regulation. It's also pretty hard to know if the brain activities between a low and high dosage is qualitatively different., instead of just quantitatively, since there may be certain thresholds passed under high doses that lead to a burnout.

In my experience one trench fo the mflb ,which is about 0.15g lasts about 2-3 sessions, so I'm prob vaping about 0.05 to 0.075g per session. I've been doing only 1 session per day for the past 4 months every day and have not noticed an increased  tolerance. Maybe due to a low dosage there is minimal down regulation , so by the next session sensitivity of the w/e circuit activated in my brain is back to baseline.

4. Man, I smoke every day, all day, and lately all the same strain, for the most part - Blue Dream. Yesterday I couldn't feel high, even though I knew I was. This morning... I am high as a kite after some wake and bake! :D  

My tolerance varies from day to day, hour to hour, strain to strain and all kind of combos in between.  Too much for me to fret and take a TB, hehehe  When I have taken them for reasons of travel or family or convenience or whatever, my tolerance jumps right back into place very quickly, within days, a week at most; a fraction of the TB itself.

With the vape pen fad and my own pills, thanks to BKS, I never need to take breaks again!  I just switch it up, pill here, dab here, and smoke it along the whole day through. 

5. Switching strains up seems to be the key. And good weed. After a week of smoking mids I wasn't sure if I was high half of the time.. I vape probably .2 over 2-5 hours all day depending on how high I already am and how my stomach feels

6. Yes if you wait 12-16 hours between seshs your tolerance should remain low. As for me, I be smokin every 3 hours, and when my tolerance goes high, I'll smoke every 30 mins.

7. As long as I buy good weed, 6 hours is a long enough t-break. And I smoke 2-3grams of BHO a week.

8. [​IMG]

9. Yo, many years have past but for real, i am the same way right now. Got my med card, smoke top shelf bud, multiple times a day and in my sesh's i can puff away 2 grams easy. I killed a qtr in 3 days spaced out all day so i was pretty much baked 24/7. I gave my self a couple hour breaks here and there to reset, then i puffed again. I switched between green, edibles, and wax.