Short stuff seeds and the Super-cali-haze

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by unclemick, Sep 27, 2010.

1. i'm only getting a scrawny little speck of a plant with a couple white hairs showing from my freebie. maybe i buried the roots too deep trying to keep it from stretching. if anyone fully matures one, i'd REALLY love to hear a smoke report on that, ESPECIALLY if they can compare it to other sativas, but at least describing the buzz in detail. i'm all about the quest for the ultimate indoor thai and using short little autoflowering daddies to shorten plants might prove better than indicas as ruderalis has no stone (or high) to it at all to pollute a THC profile like a mere 25% of afghani does to skunk #1.

2. Good Morning all!
    I put my Cali Haze Auto under a black trash bag on Saturday and will remove it on Wednesday for the chop. (I don't know if that produces more resin or not but it is free and doesn't seem to hurt the plant at all)

For the record, I planted her on August 16, 2010. So by my calculations, she went 123 days. I will post a pic before I chop her and will post a smoke/weight report after the cure. I will be shocked if I get more than 2 ounces dry, maybe not more than an ounce and a half. :devious:

Stay tuned!

PS - Did anyone else grow out this thing?

3. #23 pokernaut, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
    i just moved my tiny rootball up to 3/4 of the top in it's cup. hopefully it'll push some roots down & start branching out, though it's been in flowering a few weeks now. it's a strain i'd hoped to use for breeding closet sativas with.

super cali haze x 18" AK47 hindu kush sounds interesting.

that sure is a good sized plant for supposedly autoflowering, but i bet you can keep the size down & get faster flowering on a 12/12 or even better 10/14 scedule. i'm thinking of doing that for a pair of stubborn full moons that aren't showing yet. they're defintely sativas. i should try my urban poisons again now to see if i can get something out of those by spring. they show flowering early if stretch like mofos. i really had high (pun intended) hopes out of the allegedly "trippiest IBL in the world", 100% mekong haze, but i got 4 no shows a mutant from those.

4. So...
    Here we are Wednesday morning and I pulled the Super Cali Haze from under the bag to take pictures. She is 51" tall and is 123 days old today. In my opinion, this plant has been pretty easy to grow and it has withstood some gruesome conditions. It began it's life in the dog days of a blistering NC summer with no A/C. Extreme temperature shifts haven't seemed to bother it and it has remained healthy and green the whole time. She spent her last 3 weeks with 400W being her only source of heat. I did my best to kill it and was unsuccessful. Also, if I had it to do over, I would have topped it at least once. It just grows too tall.

Here is the top bud - it is larger than my hand.

CaliBud.jpg

Here is the plant in the 3 gallon grow bag!

CaliTree.jpg

Are there any other grow reports for this out there? I can't be the only one that grew it!

Lemme hear ya, GC!

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

BTW, I hit some LSD while taking these pictures and this post has taken FOREVER to finish.

:smoking:

5. LSD bud? i could see why that would happen, that shit is stonier than most INDICAS despite also having traits of getting high at the same time. it's a weird effect, being stoned & high at the same time. i hate getting stoned, so it doesn't work for me.

where you tried to off your SCH, i'm trying my best to revive it. if it doesn't start growing out soon, i'll try putting a drop of rootone in it's water in a week or so to stimulate the rooting it needs so badly. it only filled the bottom 1/4 of a plastic cup before i raised it.

6. Hello all!
    I have decided to chop the top half this week and the bottom half next Wednesday. The top cola is hanging and drying as we speak.

Smoke report will follow!

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

7. me want smoke report NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

LOL

8. what happened to the smoke report?
    my sch is at least 90 days in and the trichromes seem very light.was yours this way.I sure hope they come late in flowering.seems it might be king of a weak buzz.

9. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It is still curing so the taste is still not as smooth as it will eventually be.
    Taste = B (so far)

Buzz = VERY 'get your ass in gear', completely cerebral buzz. No couch until it is gone and then no real crash either. = Solid A-

It is just too damn unruly to grow, IMHO. My area is too short.

Enjoy!
    Hope it helps!

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

10. mick did your sch have only very little trichromes?mine doesnt seem to have much trichromes for over 90 days.

11. It will frost up some but mine weren't anything like the indicas that I've grown.

BTW,I still haven't harvested the bottom half. I gave it a flush and will let it dry out under a black plastic bag for a few days and then chop her.

12. Damn! finally someone who grew the thing out! LOL mine got mites and died, well i killed it lol, it was a bad infestation, But yes that thing was so damn big it was ridiculous! Glad to see she turned out good for you, 120 IMO is fuckin stupid lol

13. Hello all!
    I though I would get some more info out as I have gotten further from the grow.

A few pluses were:

• It is REALLY good weed!! I have about 10 strains under my belt and it is top 3 to smoke for sure!!
    • I have 6 seeds that appeared in a bottom bud. I have germed/planted one and she is almost a month old. By mid-March, I will have her in the ground outside. Maybe, I'll do another as well. We'll see!
    • It grows very heartily without a great deal of chemicals.

It was just too damn tall. I can't wait to see what she does outside!!!

14. what was your over-all yield? I am going to be getting this same strain and am going to LST from a very young age to develop strong bottom branching. Maybe top em once or twice but not too much to stunt the growth.
    think you will be growing some more?

15. Good questions!

Maybe 50g dry - Not that much for 135 day life cycle

I have already topped my new one once and I might do it again. A friend topped a Northern Lights auto twice and ended up with small spindly bud. They sucked!

I only grow for personal consumption and I have almost a year of weed put back. I'm thinking of taking another break from growing. Growing can just about dominate your life. I am reminded of the Ed Rosenthal quote:

"Marijuana might not be addictive but growing it sure is!"

That is the truth, my brother! Preach it!

Good luck with your grow!

16. of course it's tall & spindly, but my little "daisy bud" snoked SOOOOOOOOO close to GENUINELY LARGE pure haze that i'd have to compare the two side by side. for a nothing but sativas will do person like me, super cali is the bomb & then some! besides that nice trippy buzz, you get much stickier buds than you would from a pure sativa like columboian gold and ya just fotta love that hazey grapes low odor!

you can bet your ass i WILL be buying a pack of that shit now for side by side comparison against 8 miles high, haze skunk, thai skunk, urban poison and some others as i found a couple of my UFOs are pretty damn good and in the trippy sativa range like super cali

that sativas have FINALLY been shrunk to under 6 feet tall (some "indicrap" is that tall BTW!) is nnothing less than a godsend as indicrap based "sativas" like jack herer, super SILVER haze, apollo 11, romulan, LSD, medicine man & LA confidential etc. are all stony which instantly makes them inferior to me.

super cali doesn't take shorts in quality, just size.

it's ass kicking gear if you're not trying to get a pound of bud in 45 days. it's all about quality and SCH is not shabby at all!

if you find you really do love it, the best thing to do would be to just SCROG it and trick your plants into thinking all of it's buds are top colas. (i was planning on doing that with my haze skunk, but her trippy buds were too irresistable and i finished her off last night, but it was the best regular smoke i've had in 25 fucking years!!!

if you think super cali is a pain, try growing pure thai! holy shit! it won't even START to flower for 4 months and then only after you've given it 2 gallons under a 12/12 halide! then, when it DOES show pubes and you think you're golden, it will turn tranny on you and laugh! 5 months later, my 2nd one is just making more leaf.

from my perspective, super cali is SMALL. i'd like to put my C99 male shortie up in that & see what happens. it might dull the trippiness a bit, but joey weed C99s lean towards hazey grape and are naturally compact without couchlock. adding some "short genes" to SCH could bring it down to that magic 3 foot mark if 6 foot tall AK-47 can be turned 24".

as ruderalis is actually a stretchy sativa, it makes sense that a haze lowryder wouldn't be compact. it seems to have been bred not to get fucked up with indicrap like skunk #1 whose buzz is less than spectacular and dragged down to stony by just 25% afghanicrap!

super cali haze beats the living shit out of skunk #1 like a red headed stepkid at a tent revival LOL.

17. I have seedsmen seeds Mama thai on its way.

I also have this "super cali haze" seed thats been sitting on my shelf for 6 months or so.

ive tried growing autos 3-4 times, and they always die for different bs reasons.

Iv been a diehard TGA fan lately and have had GREAT results with super soil and subs strains.

should I try this super cali haze out or what? The mama thai might be more then i can handle, and if i have a bunch of spindly shitty buds in 7 months of growing someones gonna die lol

18. #38 pokernaut, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2011
    super cali haze is mc awesome shit! it's so much like the real deal you'd need a grower to tell the difference without a side by side blaze. haze got the second most votes by a very narrow margin in an overgrow thread with a few dozen replies ranging from single vote favorites, to un-numbered top 10s against #1 blueberry (which shares genes from tutti fruity 'juicy fruit' flavored highland thai). if you grow ANY strain that leans towards haze, you'll be a happy camper unless you're a nervous & jumpy type person. you can't get anything anwhere near that good on the streets. the most potent stoner bud in the world is still pure schwag in my world. i've told EVERY dealer that's sold me that shit overpriced at that compared to outdoor cali grown & better in every way columbian gold. (i'm so glad i got to sample the real before it was terminated with extreme prejudice by the G-13 mafia)

i can't wait until i know my shorter dozen or so C99 impregnated super cali haze beans are ready to be popped. i guess 1 month isn't long enough according to my 1st harvested cindy beans. cindy would REALLY make SCH more indoor friendly faster & shorter if maybe dilute some of it's psychoactivity, but NOT add any stone or stank and the grape flavor wouldn't be hurt much as they share it with haze being much fruitier. C99 could possibly make it a more paranoid high. i don't get any paranoia off joey's hazey grape pheno C99s, just clear headed energy. that's just the kind of shortie match you want to make a stretchy sativa like super cali (small compared to pure haze though!)

if i get something special out of those, i'll back cross my joey weed C99s with drgreenthumb's possibly much better potent pineapple phenos. grapes & pineapple could make an interesting flavor & higher potency is usually preferred.

i think you'll get a trippier high out of cheaper high quality seeds haze skunk though. it's stonier for sure, but not unmanagable at sane doses. i really like that shit, and if you're specifically after hazey grapes, their similar thai skunk might be even more to your liking. i want to try BOTH to compare them and really wish nirvana still made their H19 skunk which looks clearly more sativa than HQS "cheese pheno". i really didn't like a hint of flavor i got of something like cigars out of that once though. if their thai skunk is as trippy as it's supposed to be, it should taste a little better, but maybe be fussier to grow too. don't even think about trying to grow pure thai unless you're a glutton for punishment or just very patient & can give it all it demands. i really want to tackle that shit somehow.

19. Good morning all!
    As we approach the end of March, my seed from the first plant has been above dirt about 65 days and has easily 10 solid bud sites.

I was warned last week not to bother with growing this plant. That I will, at best, get bud full of seeds. :mad:

At worst, it will shoot jizz all over my other girls. :eek: (Please forgive my crudeness) :eek:

Can anyone confirm this for me? This is good weed and I have about 6 more seeds of it. Am I just wasting time and money here?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shine on this for me.

20. So all in all SCH is a good strain? I hope so, I just received 28 fem seeds and wanna see how this goes :)