Short stuff Onyx.. VERY ODD **SOLVED

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by johncain1, Oct 3, 2010.

1. #1 johncain1, Oct 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
    I believe this is Short Stuff's Onyx and it's only 2 1/2 weeks from seed, yet it has already begun flowering.. wtf? Can anyone tell me why the fan leaves are drooping so awkwardly? I haven't seen this before and it's not mentioned or shown in any of the books I have. Thank you!

[​IMG] Edit: Sorry, pH is 5.4-5.6 steady, temp has been in the mid 80s now its in the high 70s to low 80s. Highest temp was 88, lowest was 68 ( I am getting a thermostat controlled heater for the night). Nutes are AN's MGB complex at 9ml per L of each for a ppm in the low 400s. Water level is about 1 inch below the net pot. No foul smell in the res. Double micro air diffuser in the res. I think that's about all the info I can give on this thing.

2. What's goin on here fellas? I know one of the brilliant minds here knows exactly why my plants are wilting in a unusual fashion with the info I've provided.

:poke:

3. 68 at night is perfectly fine.

4. Initially I thought so as well, but I figured a 20deg fluctuation may be too much. It's getting colder here everyday anyway.

So what's with this odd wilting? The roots look bright white and fantastic... hold on.. I just checked my spray bottle pH ( I've been hitting them up a couple times a day with some RO water), seems the pH was around 6.5--could that have been causing the odd wilting?

5. Nothin, huh guys?

6. What's the humidity?? To me it looks as if they plant need more air exchange. Exhaust more air out, the plants leaves are like that because it is try to release h20 but the grow area might have to much moisture in it already. Saggy leaves like that mean too much water, I understand it looks as if you are doing hydro which is why I believe it's humidity or lack of more fresh air. GooD LucK

7. Thank you very much for your response. Yes, I am growing via DWC. The humidity is steady at 40-50% and everything is enclosed in a grow tent. There are vents all around it so I am not entirely sure it is fresh air, but I will try to see if I can move the fan so that it is directly sucking air from outside in, rather than circulating it. I was misting them about 3x a day but I think I'll just stick to doing it once if at all. Thank you ,we'll see what happens

8. There we go, as soon as you had mentioned that you still mist them daily It became obvious. You don't need to mist them with water at all in this stage of growth. Misting is really for seedlings/clones to keep the RH up around the plant and prevent transpiration.

At this point, your plant needs to exhale a little and the misting is preventing that from happening.

9. #9 johncain1, Oct 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
    Ah Ha! Live and learn. I was told by a local guy to mist them for the first couple of weeks. I guess I should have asked him why and then I would have known not to do that anymore. Thank you Edit: When does a seedling become a sapling? I can't seem to find a definitive chart on this with regards to marijuana.. Thanks

10. This plant is an autoflowering strain.

It goes from seed, to a very short vegetative period, to flowering right away.

11. Yea I know, but from seed to flower in one week? I am pretty sure that ain't right. I mean am I supposed to get 1 gram off this thing? What would be the point in flowering so incredibly fast?