Short Rider Outdoor Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mattinuk3, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Hey guys. Should be getting my 10 regular Short Rider seeds from Nirvana any day now. I went and bought two bags of FFOF and perlite (23 bucks a bag wtf?), then filled 7 two gallon planters and 2 three gallon planters with soil. I'm growing outdoors at 41*N, which means ~14 hours of daylight at the beginning of August to ~12 hours at the end of September. How tall can I expect these plants to get? 14 inches maybe? How much can i expect to yield off each plant with plenty of root space and good soil?

2. lol maybe a foot tall if ur lucky

3. Short Rider is an autoflower strain right?

Then it doesnt matter where you are or how many hours of light you have, it will grow and flower on its own schedule. you should have good foot to foot and a half tall plants.

Otherwise you can load up on some CFL ligths and veg indoors until the end of august and expect harvest end of october-november.

4. I would start em in the sun personally.these things go regardless so u want hardcore veg time.or u get a 6in tall bud.2-3 gallons might be goin lil overboard. 1 gal should be more than enough.

5. The reason I put the hours of light is because I read the best yield with autos is under 20/4 or 24/0 light indoors. I was basically wondering how 14 hours of sunlight would compare to an indoor grow as far as height/yield etc.

6. got the seeds today. when they all sink, i'm gonna germinate them.

7. You should start a lot earlier next year man.

8. I started 10 Short Rider from Nirvana in May, outdoors in pots. THEN I looked around online and found a lot of people saying that they aren't true autoflowering plants, just something rushed to market to take advantage of the demand for autos. Sure enough, here they are ten weeks old, tall and spindly and not even preflowers to be seen.

So good luck, at this point in the season sativa/indica crosses should begin flowering in the next four to six weeks so basically anything starting now is going to be on a short schedule anyway.

9. Yeah, I was thinking about them not being true autos but flowering anyways because it's late in the season, so I'm gonna mark the ones that show sex earliest. Hopefully there's something noticeable like a week gap between the earliest and latest so I can tell which ones (if any) are autoflowering. Those will be the ones I use for seeds.

I also have 3 clones of a nice indica/sativa hybrid that have been in the ground for about 3 months and are doing really nice. I kind of bought these just to see what they're like. I already have my eyes on some mi5 for next year though. ;)

10. i also got short rider plants but i did something wrong its been 7 weeks and they re only 4 inches tall yet i can see tiny buds on them. well i did research found out allot of mistakes better luck next time lol